Children being the most naive and easy target of the media influence, become a victim. GRE essay

chandnimaishery 3 / 6  
Some people believe that increasing violence in the media is the cause of increasing violence in our society, especially among children. Others believe that children's peer groups and parental role models are a much more influence on children's behavior.

With the advent of technology, a myriad of resources have come to our door's step in past decade or two. These resources are not only easily accessible but also very influential. Their influence is not limited to any age group or gender. As the world progresses towards a better standard of living, it also progresses towards disparate wealth distribution and talent. With sophistication, violence has increased too due to these factors and media of all resources plays a very vital role in evincing these incidents to people. More than anyone else, today's youth is prone to these puissant influence. And it won't be wrong to deem that violence in media is causing violence is society, especially children.

Invention of television, computers, laptops, and other high speed gadgets with the corroboration of internet have given us access to the entire world. Media is supposed to be the most powerful entity on this world as they have the power to control the mind of the masses. And though some may disagree with the degree of media's influence on children and believe that children's peer groups and parental role models influence children's behavior more than media, the trend of media cannot be overlooked. For instance, children today demand iPhones and iPads, and tablets and are seen more prone to them than playing on a playground. My niece, in her spare time, likes to tweet about her projects and read fashion blogs than go out and play hide and seek.

Media, though informative if taken in a right way, can direct negative mind set too. Media can prove some one guilty and reprehensible or innocent. Shows that enact a crime give pernicious ideas and when not perceived in an appropriate way can be very derogatory. For example, recently in news a child was caught imitating a stunt from a dangerous film and escaped a dangerous injury had her mother not walked in on him. Parents and peer group can inculcate values and influence thought process only to a point. Media can change the way a person thinks in time of crises and depression. When a child is bullied, more often than not he will block out his parents and others. This is where media's influence comes into picture.

All in all, though parental role models and peer groups can influence a child's behavior a lot. Media on a greater scale has a role to play towards society. Children being the most naive and easy target of this influence, become a victim. Hence, increasing violence in media is the cause of increasing violence in our society.
aniani 20 / 20 13  
Hello Chandni, I'm glad to see you here. In my opinion, it is a great essay and can easily understand. But I will give some improvements and suggestion to it. Here it goes... :)

Invention (1) of television, computers, laptops, and other high speed gadgets with the corroboration of internet have given us access to the entire world. Media is supposed to be the most powerful entity on this world as they have the power to control the mind of the masses. And though some may disagree with the degree of media's influence on children and believe that children's peer groups and parental role models influence children's behavior more than media (2), the trend of media cannot be overlooked. For instance, children today demand iPhones and iPads, and tablets and are seen more prone to them than playing on a playground. (3)My niece, in her spare time, likes to tweet about her projects and read fashion blogs than go out and play hide and seek. (4)

1. You can change it to the word "Breaktrough", as a sophisticated word. :)
2. It is a comparison sentence, and you have to put in an adjective on it.
3. Children at the moment tend to play games on iPhones and iPads, because they are more interesting than playing on a playground.
4. For example, my niece, when she has free time, she prefers tweeting her projects and read blogs than going out and playing physically with friends.

All in all (1), though parental role models and peer groups (2) can influence a child's behavior a lot. Media on a greater scale has a role to play towards society. Children being the most naive and easy target of this influence, become a victim. Hence, increasing violence in media is the cause of increasing violence in our society.

1. It is an informal word. You can use "To sum up", "To conclude", or "In conclusion" in it.
2. You can change this word to "brackets", the synonym of groups.
OP chandnimaishery 3 / 6  
Thank you so much for your evaluation. I will implement these changes in my next essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Children being the most naive and easy target of the media influence, become a victim. GRE essay