For Children, Story Books vs. TV or Computer Games, Which is Better?

JanFan 4 / 6  
Reading story books is better than watching TV or playing computer games for children. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Story books has long been a dominated means of both entertainment and teaching for children, while TV and computers games emerged in the past several decades and posed a challenge to books. This has sparked controversy over which one is better for the young ages. For me, story books overtake others without doubt.

Aa a form of text writing, story books are beneficial to children in many ways. Reading is an ability that requires long-term effort, mapping every word to the real entity in reality, and even firing human's imagination to understand some abstract concepts. What's more, reading story books also contributes substantially to children's logical thinking capability, as they are trained to seek the cause and effect between the lines, in order to comprehend the whole story. Through story books, children are not only able to enjoy the intriguing plot, but also earn a crucial ability in reading and thinking.

On the other hand, TV and computer games appear to be more stimulating since they are capable of providing colourful images, recorded music, and even flexible interactions. However, these require too little effort, that even babies can easily handle them with the inborn ability to appreciate pictures and music, let alone children. Besides, it is easy to get addicted to the games, for there are countless students all over the world who drop out of school and immerse themselves in the virtual world.

To summarise, story books who serves as an advanced form of art for children's recreation bring more benefits to children, compared with TV and computer games.
Yusri31 28 / 31 8  
Hay JanFan

I will try to give you some suggestions.

Please, check the question : Reading story books is better than watching TV or playing computer games for children. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Please check your answer : Story books has long been a dominated means of both entertainment and teaching for children, while TV and computers games emerged in the past several decades and posed a challenge to books.( There are wide ranges of ways done by children to spend their leisure time such as reading story books, watching TV and playing computer.)

This has sparked controversy over which one is better for the young ages. For me, story books overtake others without doubt. ( Note : You must mention your statement, AGREE or DISAGREE in this sentence, For instance : I really agree that reading story books is better than playing computer and watching TV..................................

Home / Writing Feedback / For Children, Story Books vs. TV or Computer Games, Which is Better?