Task 2: Children being told they can achieve anything if they try hard enough

hangnguyenn 2 / 3  
In some cultures, children are often told that they can achieve anything if they try hard enough.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of giving children this message?

There has been an ongoing debate in different cultures on the benefits ans drawbacks of the message telling children they can accomplish anything if they work hard enough. From my perspectives, everything has good and bad sides, but in this case, the advatages completely outweigh the disadvantages because this message could act as motivation the children.

Regarding the merrits, this is considered a way to encourage our kids to be more confident and belief in their ability. In most situations, children tend to be afraid of failure, telling them this message will help them build more trust and work harder to make every effort in everything they do. Moreover, once children can achieve something they want ,they will possibly become more eager and try to aim at a bigger goal in the future. This motto will gradually become their mindset and help them to climb the ladder to success in their career in the latter life.

Considering the disadvantages, this belief might grow our children's desire and greed bigger and make them want to strive for something out of their reach. Without considering carefully their ability, our children might struggle to accomplish and in the end fail to succeed, which discourages them to set a goal in the future. On the contrary, being told to work hard enough too many times ,especially the time when children fail to obtain satisfactory results, they might think of themselves as useless for not being able to do anything in right way. Therefore, they might feel the pressure to achieve something in order to content their parents.

In conclusion, this message actually leaves positive effect on our children so this method shoul be included in parenting.
maihaan 3 / 9 2  
Hi @hangnguyenn,
For my level as a learner, I found your ideas easy to follow and well-developed.
However, I did realize some mistakes such as typos or grammatical issues. Here are some that I found.

"the benefits ans drawbacks" -> and
"the advatages completely outweigh the disadvantages" -> advantages
"this message could act as motivation the children." -> motivation for the children
"Regarding the merrits" -> merits
"to encourage our kids to be more confident and belief in their ability" -> believe (v) instead of belief (n)
" which discourages them to set a goal in the future" -> from setting (I think it is more appropriate)
"for not being able to do anything in right way" -> the right way or right ways
"in order to content their parents" -> sastify
"this message actually leaves positive effect on our children so this method shoul be included in parenting" -> positive effects / should

I think paying more attention to details will help you improve your score.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2: Children being told they can achieve anything if they try hard enough