Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it has changed people.

pier 11 / 37 9  
Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it has changed people's lives.
automobiles, bicycles, airplanes
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Transportation plays an important role in the human life. Several forms of transportation have invented by mankind but in my opinion, the invention of the airplane was a milestone in human history. It affects many aspects of our life including time, distance, and safety. Here I explain how each of these factors has changed by the introduction of the airplane.

The invention of a flying device enabled us to spend less time traveling around the world. Before the invention of the airplane, it took months or even years for a person to travel to another part of the world, while now this device allows us to go to another continent in a matter of hours. For instance, it took almost two years to go from the United States to Asian countries like Thailand in the past. Furthermore, an interesting fact about the airplane is that using an airplane you can follow the sun around the world. In other words, you will see no sunset if you fly at the right speed along the sun around the world.

In addition, it has changed the concept of long distances. In the past, a distance of five or six thousand seemed long but now, even a ten thousand kilometer distance is nothing to us because we can arrive there quite soon. Therefore, in our era, the notion of distance has changed for us. For instance, in these days, when we say a place is remote we mostly think of inter-planet distances.

Finally, airplane improved our travel safety standards. For example, many engineers and technicians will check the airplane components in order to ensure their functionality. Moreover, as opposed to automobiles or bicycle, many safety measures are applied to the airplanes. For example, a driver in a car is the sole person who is responsible for the safety of passengers but in case of an airplane besides pilots, many other entities like control tower on earth and many radars are responsible for our safety.

In conclusion, the introduction of airplane affects our lives in many ways. It allows us to safely travel longer distances in a shorter amount of time and that is why I think it has changed our lives compare to other transportation vehicles.

[373] 45min
Avflores88 1 / 5 1  
The facts about the airplane being able to travel against the rising sun would be nice to have a reference attacked to it or adding an "according to Facts Magazine..." just to create a stronger foundation. Also, your final statement should also be addressed in a paragraph form, maybe by adding a more support from either a personal experience or a historical event.

Home / Writing Feedback / Choose one of the following transportation vehicles and explain why you think it has changed people.