IELTS Task 2 - Essay about whether they will choose traditional materials or read online freely.

viethoangpham 1 / 1  
In the future, nobody will buy printed newspapers or books because they will be able to read everything they want online without paying.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

For editing, content, and formatting needs please contact us at essayforum.com@gmail.com. Thank you! EF

Traditional newspapers and books used to be an integral part of human life; however, as the Internet becomes more accessible than ever before, their marketability has been questionable at best because online materials can be read free of charge. While there is no denying the benefits of reading online newspapers and books over reading traditional ones, I believed that conventional newspapers and books can never be replaced.

On the one hand, the reason accounting for why people can read everything freely online is the prevalence of the Internet. This is because the Internet helps people keep in touch with each other and share their daily experiences, social affairs, and even e-books or online article at no expense. In addition, as long as people watch the attached advertisements on the website, they can read its contents at no cost because the owner's primary source of income mainly comes from advertising so that they can allocate those budgets for website maintenance.

On the other hand, not all online materials and websites are trustworthy. To earn more money, many online websites religiously deliver falsified and even over-exaggerated news to attract readers. This is the reason why the masses are inclined to lean towards the traditional materials that provide more reliable information. Furthermore, a host of websites often offer a price for copyright books or reliable international news to make money from the customers to have a sustainable income for their website operation. The Guardian and BBC are good examples. They offer a premium membership fee for online users who want to read all articles written by renowned and experienced writers.

To conclude, while it seems that online reading is superior to traditional reading in some aspects, the latter can not be discounted and is by no means expendable.

Please assess my coherence & cohesion and task achievement. Thank you.
The writer obviously misunderstood the discussion requirement for the essay. He has not responded in the manner that will earn him a proper scoring consideration overall. While the writer is responding to the task, he has not considered the format by which it should be presented and as such, failed to deliver the correct response format for the discussion. While he will receive a score for his discussion paragraphs, the lack of applicability of his response to the discussion instruction as provided will not allow this essay to receive a passing preliminary score. It is difficult to say that the writer can turn this into a passing essay since the response format used was not the expected single opinion defense.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2 - Essay about whether they will choose traditional materials or read online freely.