Choosing the areas of academic interest - U Mich short answer II

bizkitgirlzc 29 / 2  
Can someone help me with my essay? Here's the question:
What led you to
choose the area(s) of academic interest that you have listed in your
application to the University of Michigan? If you are undecided, what
areas are you most interested in, and why?

History and science - my first true loves. And of course they were my first loves because they had taught me what and how. Yet, as my academic journey moved on from global to American, from biology to chemistry I felt unsatisfied with what and how - I wanted to know why.

Anthropology? What was that? At the time, when I had first heard of it, I didn't even know what it was and it certainly sounded lime something farfetched. My friend had mentioned it to me after having taken a career oriented survey and the list included anthropology. Out of curiosity that same night, I looked it up and I realized that I had found what I wanted, the answer to my whys in life.

So I took on classes and fell even deeper in love with the subject that offered me the understanding of civilizations, of societies, of people. It offered me an area of study so interdisciplinary that I would never lose interest -combinations that ranged from genetics to culture to language to media.

It was a perfect combination of both the physical sciences and the liberal arts. Investigation would be limitless and there were so many options and alternatives for me to choose from. Anthropology was my yin and yang - it was the academic balance I craved for and wish to indulge in. It is the balance that is represented in nature because life itself is interdisciplinary...why should my life and love be any different?
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Your essay is excellent! There is very little to change; just one typo that I found:

I didn't even know what it was and it certainly sounded like something farfetched.

Your love for the subject really comes through! Best of luck in your studies!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Writing Feedback / Choosing the areas of academic interest - U Mich short answer II