'choosing big cities is wise' - Do you prefer big cities or small towns, to live in?

MoonMoon 7 / 14  
Do you prefer big cities or small towns, to live in?
At First glance, it seems slightly difficult to draw a definite conclusion that which choice is preferable, since they both have their advantages and disadvantages to some extent. However, after some considerations we can see that, under most circumstances, living in big cities is the premier choice. My arguments for this point are as follows.

The main reason for my propensity of living in a big city is to have better education opportunities which eventually lead to gain better jobs. Most often, good universities are located in big cities; people may attend these universities and acquire adequate knowledge and competence to apply for an appropriate job. In addition, there are more professional opportunities in big cities while a lot of industries have been developed there. Remarkable number of companies, factories, and institutions in big cities can provide not only, better chances to find a good job but also, more investment opportunities to raise more money and live a better life.

Another equally important reason is the excellent facilities provided by big cities for citizens. In other words, you have access to almost everyday necessities, there. Furthermore, people who live in big cities enjoy a wide variety of facilities such as, state of the art technologies, good health and medical care, emergency services, more sources of recreation, public transportation and so on.

There is another significant factor, equally important to the first two ones, which deserves some words here. In big cities, you grow up more socialized. To shed light on the issue, I would like to draw your attention to this situation. Consider you are a member of a committee decision in your workplace. In order to make any decision, you have to compromise on the subject through some negotiations. While, a lot of face-to-face interactions may occur, you have to learn how to deal with the situation.

In Spite of the undeniable fact that living in small town has its profound advantages to some extent, such as, enjoying fresh air, peace and quietness, and probably different amazing natural features, if all the mentioned factors are contemplated, the advantages of living in big cities carry more weight than those of small towns. Consequently, according to my personality and fondness, we may reach the conclusion that choosing big cities is a rather wise decision.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
A question only: "Money Talks, Bullshit Walks " What does it mean. Say it in Farsi please.

:))))) this is a slang. Usually American use it. We don't have it in Farsi. It means:" In poole k hame ja harfe aval ro mizaneh va baghiyeye chizha kashke". :))))
OP MoonMoon 7 / 14  
Hi Ahmad.
it seems that in this forum not all the essays are going to be revised and graded.
Would you please take a look on my essay?
How often can i ask you to revise my essay?i don't know how long will it take for you to revise my essays but it will be a great help to me while i have no other reference to ask for help.

May i contact you via private email?
amitt - / 80  
Ah_Zafari is excellent critic, we need him as our mentor
"Money Talks, Bullshit Walks "---- Means that cheap talk will get you nowhere, while money will persuade people to do as you like

Regards
AS

---------- heheheeeeeeee .... this is really interesting.... you guys talk in Farsi in an English forum... so, may be this forum helps us get a hang on Farsi too :D ....lol ... I like it :)

At First glance, it seems slightly difficult to draw a definite conclusion that which choice is preferable, since they both have their advantages and disadvantages to some extent.

This sounds like you are directly answering the question. I dont say it is incorrect or improper. However, I feel it is better if you can quickly grasp the reader's attention. For that you need to begin your essay with a strong and catchy statement to impress the reader. This type of beggining may not help you in that sense. Why not try to start with a more creative sentence that introduces the topic to your reader?

Living in a big city has both advantages and disadvantages in contrast to living in a small town. While the facilities that a big city offers are much superior, its environmental conditions are much inferior compared to a small city.

Home / Writing Feedback / 'choosing big cities is wise' - Do you prefer big cities or small towns, to live in?