Choosing between learning in a group or by yourself

pmhdaflowerboy 1 / -  

studying in a group or alone?

Choosing method to study is an important issue because it can enhance students' learning ability. Two of the most common methods are studying alone and studying in a group, and students are often confused in determining which method to utilize. In my opinion, I prefer studying alone to studying with a group for two reasons below.

First, studying alone can assist me in not being distracted, which is a drawback of learning in a group. In most cases, the learning group consist of close friends, and they sometimes diverge from the lesson and gossip with others. In my experience, most of my time learning in groups end up with the situation that all of my friends talking about football, music, etc, which decreases the productivity of the class. In contrast, I can spend half of the time learning with group to study alone, and the outcome is still the same. Studying with a group may be more interesting than studying alone, but in regard to productivity, studying alone is more effective.

Second, studying alone can stimulate me to create my own solution to the problem. Hence, I have a first-hand experience in solving that problem, which helps me remember the solution longer and inspire me to solve more problems. In group studying, the solution is often discovered by the most talented member of the group, so the other members just need to follow the best member's solution. This might help the group to solve the problem quicker, but for the other members in the group, they cannot use their creativity to solve a problem. As a result, only a few members improve, while the other members feel frustrated in seeing the better members solve all the problems. This discourage their want for solving problem, reducing their desire for learning.

In conclusion, I prefer studying alone for two reasons above. In my opinion, studying in a group has some advantages over studying alone, but studying alone can deepen the knowledge, which is the most important mission in learning.
futasodi 1 / 1 1  
your ideas are clear and coherent
however, you should use wider range of vocabulary like replaced studying alone by self-study, autonomous learning or learning in a group by group learning.
To conclude, your essay is good, it shows your language skills and your English ability. I believe that you may get 6 or 6.5 for this essay
Konkhmer12345 3 / 6 3  
@pmhdaflowerboy
Hello!
I'd like to share some ideas after reading your essay.

Firstly, I like the way you present your opinions in this essay with cohesion. However, I've noticed that it would support your opinions even more if you could link some practical examples in the first paragraph.

For the concluding paragraph, you were not able to restate the ideas effectively and you just repeated the same information from the introduction. I'd recommend you to recap the key info from the two paragraphs into one sentence.

I hope this helps.

Home / Writing Feedback / Choosing between learning in a group or by yourself