IELTS TASK 2: Choosing to live alone nowadays than in the past

akbarmappiare 31 / 469 275  
In some countries, many more people are choosing to live alone nowadays than in the past. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?

One of the most unprecedented things is the rise in the number of people who choose to live alone. This trend for many citizens is an ordinary circumstance in this century, particularly in large cities. In my point of view, this issue could bring real drawbacks for them such as feelings of loneliness and reducing life expectancy.

The citizens living alone is likely to have frequent feelings of the loneliness. This is because they will gain a difficulty to connect and interact with others and feel losing emotional support of friends and family. For instance, adults who live in a place with the others would have daily conversation frequently with the surroundings. By contrast, when people stay alone in an apartment block, they could not share their problem and are often attacked by feelings of the loneliness. This can cause they to become more frustrated.

Another negative effect is that people who decide to live alone potentially lead to premature death. They have a tremendous risk to gain heart attack, stroke and cardiovascular diseases. A recent study by University of Malaysia in September 2014 showed that people who live alone are more likely to have the early death caused by stroke, heart attack or other complications rather than those who live with their family or in a communal institution. An immediate solution should be considered so that this problem does not become more complicated in society.

In conclusion, increasing in the number of the citizens living alone has showed negative sides. The most worrying drawbacks are feelings of the loneliness and health consequences. It is imperative that the citizens find friends to share the problems which they face.
majid11 1 / 2 3  
In my point of view, this issue could bring real drawbacksHAS DETRIMENTAL EFFECTS AS A RESULT OF PREFERRING ISOLATIONfor them such as feelings of loneliness and reducing life expectancy.

This is because they will gain a difficulty to connect and interact with others and feelAS A RESULT OF losing AN emotional support of friends and family.

For instance, adults who live in a place with the others would have daily conversation frequentlywiththe surroundings.
they could not share their problemS and are often attacked by feelings of the loneliness. AS A RESULT, This can cause they to become more frustrated.THEY MAY BE INFECTED BY FRUSTRATION

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: Choosing to live alone nowadays than in the past