Choosing the Urban Life - to live in the city or the countryside?

Blairlau 1 / 1  

Urban vs Village

Nowadays, there is a heated discussion that individuals choose to live in the city or countryside. An increasing number of people held the opinion that it is enjoyable for them to live in the countryside. Others, however, are of opinion that they want to live in city. As for me, compared with the countryside, I prefer to live in the city. It is convenient for people to learn new skills and to find a suitable job.In this essay, I will brief my reason.

In most situations, the urban life has more advantages than rural life. The primary factor we require taking into consideration are that we can have a good platform for receiving education as good as possible. In big cities, the public can easily find colleges and training centers. There are many brilliant teachers, who not only can enrich your knowledge, but also can offer students some jobs. You mayjoin in their programs to improve your study and work experience. It is helpful for you to pour your knowledge into practice.

Moreover, it is comparatively easier about the public to find a job. There are a lot of companies in city which need the huge numbers of people to work. Especially working in the worldwide companies, you not only can broaden you sight, but also it is benefits to recognize excellent colleagues to enhance your working skills.

It may be true that rural life has peace pace, for which plenty of evidence can be found. It does not have much pressure on work and social life. Nevertheless, being able to work under pressure is just a matter of time.

To sum up, I will choose to have the urban life. It is more potential to study and work.
Blair, I think that this particular essay can only garner the highest score of 3. I base that score on the way that you present the data related to the topic for discussion. You focused so much on developing the reasons for living in the city that it took more than half the essay in presentation. Leaving only a few thoughts and words, barely a complete paragraph, for the comparison of countryside life in the essay. In this instances, the best way to develop the essay, for a possibly higher score, would be to balance the discussion. That means, offer an equal amount of reasoning and discussion for both sides that you are comparing in the essay. So one paragraph for the countryside, one for the urban living, and one paragraph, for your supporting statement. Or, you can combine your supporting statement / opinion in the discussion of the side that you believe in. That way, you present an informative essay that does not directly try to influence the reader towards a particular side.
OP Blairlau 1 / 1  
Thank you for your advice. I will do some adjustments according your suggestions.

Home / Writing Feedback / Choosing the Urban Life - to live in the city or the countryside?