Christmas & continuity of traditions; Stanford/ What matter to you and why?

blondie51295 2 / 5  
What matters to you, and why?

T'was the night before Christmas, and my family and I were enjoying time together. We were getting prepared for the annual Christmas Eve church service as well as finishing preparing the dishes to be eaten on Christmas day. We kids are helping our dad make the family-tradition barbeque for dinner and preparing tea rings for breakfast on Christmas morning. After church, we drive through the town, playing Christmas music and looking at the lights with awe. Once we return home, we gather around the fire, and read "The Littlest Angel" by Charles Tazewell, followed by watching the classic movies "White Christmas" and "Miracle on 34th Street" before going to bed, waiting for Santa's arrival.

Christmas is a very important time of year to me, not only with my religious beliefs, but also with my family. There is joy in the air and quality time being spent with the family. The traditions, which have been passed through generations in my family, are very important to me. While living away from home the past two years and being at a boarding school, these traditions have become even more important to me. My life is hectic and busy with schoolwork, friends, and the normal teenager life; however I enjoy the continuity of these traditions and something I can count on never changing as the years change. My family's traditions provide a special, happy memory we can always count on, which is a way to remember the people of the family, and bring us closer together, which I hope to one day pass down.
maomao315040 3 / 21 3  
it is a very warm scene

I have trouble finding a suitable topic to answer this essay qn. Good Job! .

since you have so much characters left (my word say around 500), you may want to include an anecdote of a particular christmas?

and merry Christmas
OP blondie51295 2 / 5  
So I added my favorite christmas in there, can I get any more feedback? And does it add ro it with the experience? Thanks

What matters to you, and why?

T'was the night before Christmas, and my family and I were enjoying time together. We were getting prepared for the annual Christmas Eve church service, finishing preparing the dishes to be eaten Christmas day. Us kids are helping our dad make the family-tradition, generation passed barbeque for dinner and preparing tea rings for breakfast Christmas morning. After church, we drive through town, playing Christmas music and looking in awe at the lights. Once we return home, we gather round the fire, read "The Littlest Angel" by Charles Tazewell, followed by watching the classic movies "White Christmas" and "Miracle on 34th Street" before going to bed waiting for Santa's arrival.

Christmas is a very important time of year to me, not only with my religious beliefs but with my family. There is joy in the air and quality time is being spent with the family. The traditions which have been passed through generations in my family are very important to me. While living away from home the past two years and being at boarding school, these traditions have become even more important to me. My life is hectic and busy with schoolwork, friends, and the normal teenager life, however I enjoy the continuity of these traditions and something I can count on never changing as the years change. Most Christmases were spent with my parents and siblings, but my favorite Christmas is the one that was spent with my whole family: aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. My grandfather had passed away that year; however it was the first Christmas I could remember where the whole family was together. This Christmas was especially special due to the snow that arrived. Living in southern Louisiana, I rarely got to see snow and every year I'd hope for a white Christmas, but that Christmas day it snowed. My family's traditions provide a special, happy memory we can always count on, is a way to remember the people of the family, and bring us closer together, which I hope to one day pass down.
haneom94 4 / 7 1  
Your Christmas essay was very warm and fuzzy :)
Your roommate note, however, felt disorganized and very list-y, if you know what I mean. I feel like anyone else could say what you said; if you could personalize it more, or even focus on one point, I think it would make your note a lot smoother and better to remember.

Home / Writing Feedback / Christmas & continuity of traditions; Stanford/ What matter to you and why?