"City vs. Countryside" - English class essay

kokujampo /  
City vs. Countryside

Looking for a good place to settle is not easy like you finish your homework or your job. I lived in countryside until 12, and then my family moved to a big city. Thus, I have experienced the conflicting living in countryside and a big city. By comparing and contrasting my own experience living in countryside and one in a big city, I would prefer someday to live in a big city because of the modern life, high education, and good health care.

First of all, living in a big city is more modern than one in countryside. In countryside, the life is very peaceful and safe. For example, people living in countryside don't have to worry much about how their life looks. They just go to work and make enough money to support their family. Also, everything in countryside seems to be quiet, and the neighborhood is very friendly and generous, too. They can share each other everything such as fruits, foods, and clothing. Therefore, people can enjoy themselves without annoying from anything. Besides, nobody can deny the fresh air in countryside. The less transportation and more places such as parks and gardens make countryside become more peaceful and healthy.

Although living in a big city is not peaceful and quiet like living in countryside, people feel more comfortable and convenient. For instance, if you want to go somewhere or to save your money from gasoline, there are lots of public transportations such as the bus, railroad, and train which are always available to support people. Additionally, a big city is often a place where many problems like robbery, violation, rape, etc... occur mostly in a city, but the security is always available and ready to solve any problem. On the contrary, people living in countryside lack of this service; for example, if they are in danger, who will be there to save them immediately? The security has to spend at least a half an hour to be there, I guess. In short, living in countryside is more peaceful and none-stressful, but people living a big city usually have enough supporting services for them.

The second obvious reason why I prefer to live in a big city is the high education. Everyone wants to have a good job to get more money, and one of the best ways to succeed is education. Nowadays there are a lot of famous universities and colleges, and these schools totally locate in a big city. Most of people try to attend these schools to gain their knowledge, so they tend to move and live in a big city. Also, education in a big city supports the high technology that helps students and teachers easily have a successful academic. For example, the increase in the libraries, laps, internet, etc... helps students get information anytime they want.

On the contrary, education in countryside is a serious problem. High school graduation rates in countryside are always lower than one in a big city. Many people would think that since the students are not intelligent, the graduation rates are low. Nevertheless, it is not true in this case. Students living in countryside are even more diligent than ones in a big city because there is less entertainment center for them, so the only thing student should do is to do their homework. However, just a few students succeed in countryside. The reason must be the lack of good education. The schools didn't support enough reference books in the library, computers, or even good teachers. These lead to why people living in a big city gain more knowledge than ones in countryside.

The last reason I choose to live in a big city is about health care. Nowadays in countryside, government established more health care such as the hospital, clinic, and medical station, and people can get there easily and quickly when they are in trouble. However, what people really need is not the number of health care, but the quality of it. For instance, if you are staying at home, and your heart attack is suddenly relapsed, I bet the health care will take long to put you in a hospital. Also, the countryside hospitals can't be sure whether or not they can rescue you because of the lack of the high and modern medical machines. The result is eventually that you still need to be transferred to a big modern hospital in a big city.

A big city is not only a big modern city originally but also a face of a country, so government always supports the best ways and medical services for people. For example, if a country is suffered by a spreading virus such as the swine flu, I believe that people living in a big city will be able to get the vaccine first. Besides, there are many modern medical machines and good doctors that can easily determine what disease a patient gets and then expose the best ways to solve it. All of the reasons about health care above can help us understand how well the health care in a big city is.

In conclusion, people have their own choices to decide to live in countryside or a big city. As I can see, most of old people probably tend to live in countryside because they like to have peaceful life and enjoy themselves with the fresh air and quietness. However, other people want their own life comfortable and convenient. For me or even my future family, I would prefer to live in a big city because of the modern life, high education, and good health care.

This is my essay for my english class, and it will be due tomorrow noon. So please check the grammar and give me more details if necessary to make it more interesting. thanks
Jeannie 10 / 214  
I don't mean to be smart, Tuan, but you should have asked a lot earlier! Take a deep breath and hope.

Blue skies!

Jeannie
EF_Team [Moderator] 41 / 222 15  
my essay is due tomorrow!!! Please rescue me T_T

Suspended for ignoring the thread title rules.

EF
maybien_bk 1 / 2  
Your essay is based on your personal experience. It's good however the overuse of these experiences makes your essay like a story but not a writing task. you should eliminate the personal fact and replace it by stronger argument.

Good luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / "City vs. Countryside" - English class essay