Claim and Reason. How much do you agree or disagree? -- Essay Evaluation

Rachit891 1 / -  
Q.Claim: Any piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.
Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual actually turns out to be inaccurate.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

-----------------------------

While, the claim refers to the fact that should not be trusted since it may be rendered false, the reason, on the other hand, gives an indication that people tend to assume information as factual which in the end, turns out to be inaccurate. There's a clear difference between what claim mentions and what reason states since, claim does not mention anything about assumptions made by the people, it merely tells us not to trust facts as they may be false and reason gives a hint about people assuming random information as facts and thus getting there assumptions wrong in the end. Therefore, the claim and reason seem slightly interrelated, however, the reason does not fully answer the statement made by the claim.

People have an inevitable tendency to assume any sort of random information as facts. For instance, Facebook, the major social networking platform has innumerable pages and groups to follow and get connected to. There is loads of information exchange on this public platform on daily or rather hourly basis. Pages like "Amazing Facts" update any information they seem amazing on the page and people often share this information and make it pervasive easily. The information sharing, therefore, is an inevitable process and as the above mention states, most of the information presented as facts, might be just made up to get attention! Therefore, assumption made by the people is a very common phenomenon and the information perceived as fact by the people is most likely to be rendered inaccurate. The claim differs in the context of this assumption factor and thus there is an element of disagreement with the claim.

Although, the information source may affect the decision of most of us about the fact, today's rapidly increasing world and flitting economy often calls in the need to change facts according to the direction of profit. For instance, if a company gets tax lease by showing its plummeting revenue, today, it probably will make possible efforts to change the factual data and take the advantage of the situation. Hence, such changes happen very often in today's economy and therefore no such factual tables and data analysis must be depended upon. But, the claim takes the side of the fact being proved false in future and reason is based upon a fact turning out to be inaccurate. The subtle difference maybe lucidly explained from the above mentioned example. If the numbers changed by the company seeking tax lease are rendered wrong in the audit check, it will suffer, however, if the numbers are correct and the company gets the lease, there may be a future investigation which seeks out this flaw and will indict company's representatives. Hence, the reason turns towards an informal type of assumptions which may be automatically be rendered fake and inaccurate, on the other side, the claim seems to be stern in the sense that the fact will have to be proven false.

The claim, therefore, is based on the reason mentioned in the statement, but it is overtly stern and requiring an outward proof for rendering a fact false. The reason, on the other side, is based on the fact turning out to be inaccurate and against the expectations and assumptions of the people who, irrespective of the source, may have assumed an information as fact. Thus, to give a clearer picture of both, claim and the reason, this relation need to be explained further.

---------------------------------------------

Please review the above essay. I'd be glad if you give it a rating on a 6 grade scale..
deepakbaniya 3 / 92 2  
Rachit,
It is always helpful to include some example to make the context more clear.

For example;
you can include the current example of JP Morgan hedge fund loss incident which
is in fact double as compared to what was told before which is enclosed in their quarterly profit report last week.

Home / Writing Feedback / Claim and Reason. How much do you agree or disagree? -- Essay Evaluation