IELTS: Letter to college administration showing interest in a course

coke 14 / 28 13  
You are interested in attending a short course at a college in an English speaking country. Write a letter to the college administration.
In the letter, you should tell:
·what course you would like to attend
·give details about your educational background and work experience
·what reasons make you choose this college.

coding course for gaming developers

To whom it may concern,

My name is Tuan Pham. I am writing this letter regarding my interest in signing up for the advanced coding course for gaming developers at XYZ college.

Allow me to give you brief details about myself. I am holding a master's degree in computer science and I have been working at a software company for 3 years. Recently, I have decided to work for a start-up company which produces gaming titles. I find this field quite challenging and I think your course will provide me with a complete insight into gaming coding in a short period.

The main reason why I select XYZ college for my training is that this institution has claimed a huge reputation among video game coders for many years. All of my peer developers who are specializing in computer games gave high feedbacks of your institution without hesitation when asked. Moreover, since XYZ college is located in Toronto which I have always wished to visit, it will be a perfect opportunity for me to explore this beautiful city during my training.

I look forward to receiving your response.

Kindest regards
TP
Maria - / 1,098 389  
Is there a word count for the letter to be written?
If not, I would suggest that you talk more about your background. You can start by expounding on the skills that you have, what you can provide for the college, and the plans that you have for the future. Talk about why specifically this program - or rather, these courses - will make you grow both professionally and personally.

Furthermore, you can also discuss more about the city and country that the college is located in. Herein, you can discuss about what makes their academic environment the most conducive when it comes to llearning. The more you can get into the details, the better it will be for you.

I also would omit and replace the last sentence with something else more enthusiastic. You can perhaps say something along the lines of:
I am truly in awe about this opportunity. I would be grateful to be given the chance to work with you.
anhpnguyen 4 / 4 1  
@coke

Allow me to give you brief details about myself. I am holding ... for 3 years. Here you can provide more details on your working experience or highlight your passion/interest in game

... I find this field quite challenging Be more specific. How challenging it is -> lay more emphasis on why you NEED to continue studying? Does it help you to address your current work problems? and I think ...

...All of my peer developers who are specialised Take about the course descriptions, what intrigues you most? in computer ... Moreover, ... in Toronto which I have always wished to visit You SHOULD NOT focus on this point. It seems to me that you prefer to travel rather than study, it will be ...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Letter to college administration showing interest in a course