College and attaining a degree will give you a chance to more successful career.

pratisharora 1 / 2  
Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career, while others believe that it is better to get a job straight after school.

Discuss both views and give your opinion

When teenagers finish school they always have a challenging question in front of them should they opt for a job or go to college of university to gain more knowledge and attain a professional degree. It is believed that going to college will help you have a better and sable career rather than taking up a profession directly after school.

Professional degrees help you gain expertise in the field which leads to a more successful career. Universities have courses which aim to train students to become better professionals in their field, the curriculum these days is designed in such a way that they gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of their field. For instance someone opting for a computer engineering program is been trained with the latest technology used in the market. Most of these universities have tie ups with big companies and the students studying here are given opportunities to work on live projects so that they gain good practical experience also.

Studying at a university opens doors for better, stable and high salaried job opportunities with big companies. Many giant co-operates around the globe have certain criteria while hiring their employees, with most of them preferring candidates having good full-time professional degree's rather than high-school pass outs.

However, on the other hand there are certain people who believe joining a job right away after completing school helps you gain more hands on experience in your field. It gives you the freedom to earn without investing too much of money in attaining your university degree course. These folks would have more practical experience in their field as compared to someone who completes a college course and joins the same profession.

I believe from the above stated reasons that joining a college and attaining a degree will help you have a more successful career.
MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
in front of them should they opt for a job or go to college of university to gain more knowledge and attain a professional degree

as to whether they should opt for a job or pursue higher education in university

It is believed

If this is your opinion, state it more clearly. For example: I believe/I agree ...

help you students have a better and sable more stable career

Don't use "you" in your academic writing.

the curriculum these days

You could start a new sentence here.

they gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of their field

that offers both theoretical and practical knowledge to learners.

someone

students

is been trained

are trained

Most of these universities

What are "these universities"?

have tie ups

have some links

so that they gain good practical experience also.

to improve their practical experience.

co-operates

corporations

with most of them

most of which

good full-time professional degree's

a full-time professional degree

However, on the other hand

joining a job

having a job

in your field

What do you mean by "in your field" in this case?

too much of money

as compared to
OP pratisharora 1 / 2  
hi thanks for your reply... can u
make a guess what could my ielts general
band score in general be. i was actually been trainned by a trainner who asked me to always take an inderct stand in my essays.
It is believed that going to college will help you have a better and st able career rather than taking up a profession directly after school.

You write very well and this is a good introduction. However, you better have a few structural changes here in this intro to earn marks at the exam.

hi thanks for your reply... can u make a guess what could my ielts general band score in general be. i was actually been trainned by a trainner who asked me to always take an inderct stand in my essays.

.... you can write vdery well and you do not have to worry too much about the band score. Pay attention to the structure more that can earn you marks and at the same time helps you handle your time for this task efficiently. :)
OP pratisharora 1 / 2  
thanks for the feedback.. do u have an sample introduction as I really struggle in introduction it takes me nearly 10 mins to fit in the right introduction.. Once that is done things keep sailing.
Don't give yourself a hard time for that :D

Students are left with two choices when they finish their high school career. (this is your hook - write something interesting that is relevant to your topic and also gives the opportunity for you to enter into your background). They are either to get employed straight after school or continue studies at university or college to specialize in their choice of filed. (a little expansion on your hook- this is not always necessary- now you can start introducing the background of the issue) While some people view higher studies pave the way for a successful career others believe that starting a job straight after school helps one earn valuable experience that would be beneficial in progressing in his or her career. (this is the background of the issue). However, I believe that attending college or university provides a better foundation to a successful career.(clearly state your opinion)

Home / Writing Feedback / College and attaining a degree will give you a chance to more successful career.