College - the best time when a person participates in other activities which broadens his knowledge

inform 8 / 21  
Question ::-- The College years are the best time in a person's life. Agree or Disagree. Give reasons to support your opinion.

Even though some people think that college is not the best time of ones life but I think otherwise as I feel college is one of the best time for a person. I have three points to state why college is the best time.

Firstly, in college there are no rigid time lines practiced. Students are allowed to attend their choice of classes. There are no restriction on leaving the class in between. If one feels that the topic being discussed is not important then they can move out without making any noise. The professors will not stop any students from doing this.This gives flexibility to each one as at times one would have already studied a topic or they might not feel that the explanations given are good. So rather then objecting the student can softly walk out. This is not considered insulting by the professors and neither the profs will penalize any student.

Secondly, there are a number of activities in the college in which a student can participate like the sports activities or events being organized by different clubs. If one is not able to attend the classes due to participation one can take permission from the college administration. In this way students can learn and participate in a number of events. This helps in widening their knowledge and exposure to a number of activities. So both the studies and activities could go together. If one is missing any class then it's possible to take help from the professors later on and cover up for the missed classes. This also makes college as a fun place where students attend the college willingly.

Thirdly, parents also feel that their child has grown up so no one in the family questions about their studies. Moreover, if a student is not performing up to the mark then the college administration sends a mail to their parent so that they are aware . They also ask parents to meet them in person. It is done to remove the miss-usage of the flexibility given by the college. This make parents confident and they do not questions their son or daughter. This freedom is helpful as people become responsible and they understand that they need to perform well and not waste their time just in other activities.

In the end, I feel that college is the best time when a person learns not even the studies but also participate in other activities which broadens their knowledge. They also become responsible to themselves and do not waste their time.
chessman567 5 / 170 11  
Even though some people think that college is not the best time of one' s life but I think otherwise. as I feel college is one of the best times for a person. I have three points to state why college is the best time. [Okay, don't write I have three points to state in your introduction. That isn't, you know, the usual.

In the end, I feel that college is the best time when a person learns not even [NOT ONLY] the studies but also participate in other activities which broadens their knowledge.

Secondly, there are a number of activities in the [A] college in which a student can participate. like the sports activities or events being organized by different clubs [Write something like this: For example, students can participate in numerous sports activities or events that are organized by different clubs.]

there are more grammer mistakes but ill correct them later I have to go now sorry
OP inform 8 / 21  
That's chessman for your reviews. Please do correct the grammar mistakes. Would also request others to correct my essay.
vickey 9 / 18  
Dear Sudir,

Nice essay.
I am also preparing TOEFL, so this essay was so helpful for my brainstorming.

I think it could be better if you change your introduction little bit, such as adding hook sentence. Also, I changed a little bit of your first sentence as below.

Even though some people think that college is not the best time of ones life, but I think otherwiseas I feel college is one of the best time for a person.
Sky - / 2  
Hi,
I think this is a very good essay, but there are certain missing points to be noticed .
Try to use the connectors like thus, for example, to illustrate, on the other hand, etc ..
Pay attention to the punctuation marks
Stop repeating your ideas
Put one main sentence at the beginning of each of your 3 opinions and then support this sentence. Try to support it by giving example from your own experience. This will be more attractive to read.

I rewrite your good essay with making some changes.

Firstly, the disappearance of the necessity to attend and go out at a particular time . Students are allowed to attend their choice of classes in which there are no restriction on leaving the class in between. For example, if one feels that the topic being discussed is not important , she can simply move out without objecting or making any noise. The professors as well as the profs will not penalize any student from doing this.

Secondly, the offering of several activities. College helps its students to participate with each other by giving many activities which other institutions can not offer. On of the most common activities are those which are related to the sport, organizing by different clubs.

On day, I felt that I had to make fresh up to my mind which was involved strongly in the studying affairs. Thus, I took a permission from the college administration and then I went to participate my friends in certain activity, coming back to my lectures in a very bright spirit. In fact, this makes college as a fun place where students attend the college willingly because the students will be able to study and enjoy at the same time. On the other hand, if someone is missing any class, it is possible to take help from the professors later on and cover up for the missed classes.

Thirdly, the confidence given by the students' parents. When the parents feel that their children have grown up, no one in the family questions about their studies. Moreover, if a student is not performing up to the mark then the college administration sends a mail to their parents to meet them in person, so that they are aware . This is done to remove the miss-usage of the flexibility given by the college. Actually, when this aspect of freedom is given to the students, they become responsible and they understand that they need to perform well and not waste their time just in other activities.

To conclude, the college is the best stage of person's life in which it helps not only to learn, but also to participate in many activities which broaden students' knowledge, becoming responsible to themselves and do not waste their time.
Sky - / 2  
By the way, I wrote another good introduction.

There are many good stages in person's life. However, the college is the best one because of its countless values and how it can affect a person in many ways. to state why college is the best stage, there are three points to be discussed in this essay .
OP inform 8 / 21  
Thanks vickey and Sky for your updates ..

Home / Writing Feedback / College - the best time when a person participates in other activities which broadens his knowledge