College or university have always been a place that provides knowledge and experience. Why?

Trisulastri 27 / 18 4  
People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, and increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university?

Education is one of the most important aspects of life that should always be upgraded because of this is long-term investment. Today, many people are motivated to continue their education to a higher level. I would argue that there are many other reasons, either external or internal, behind the interest of people to continue their education.

Internal factors that play an important role in influencing people to continue their education to post-secondary education is motivation. The majority of people have a strong motivation to have well-paid job, so they should prepare to meet certain qualifications, such as, in-depth knowledge and skills related to the field of work. These qualifications is taught and trained on undergraduate programs and master degree. For example, to work as manager of human resources at PT Unilever, prospective employees should at least graduate from masters of management or industrial psychology. In consequence, continuing education to higher level makes people one step closer to getting a good job in comparison with thousands of other job seekers.

In addition, there are several external factors that could be the reasons for people to continue pursue higher education. Social status is still a reason often expressed by university students. Not everyone has the opportunity to attend college, the main cause is related to high cost. Hence, continue their studies the next level makes people viewed as those who can afford, especially if they study at leading universities. In addition, people can expand relationships with others from different background, such as meeting international professors or students. Extensive relationships will be highly beneficial for individuals, especially when trying to find a job.

To sum up, although each person has different reason to continue education into post-secondary level, but I believe that whatever the reasons, college or university have always been a place that provides knowledge and experience.
ankush008 1 / 2  
In the university, we must gain the practical knowledge and experiences with the relevant field. It is the better place to explore our knowledge.

Home / Writing Feedback / College or university have always been a place that provides knowledge and experience. Why?