College is a waste of money and time/ ROI in sending teenagers to University

zhuyian 1 / -  
On the other hand, Caroline Bird discusses the return on investing in sending teenagers to university. In the middle part of the article, Bird mentions that a high-school graduate would earn more money than a male college graduate at 64 if he chooses to save his tuitions into a bank rather than to attend a university.
Dactylic126 - / 5  
Haha that would be true if you're speaking of community colleges or low-mid tier colleges. But the benefits and opportunities offered by top-tier colleges are infinite -of course, granted you really challenge yourself and study hard for self-improvement. Honestly, if you seek to party and slack off in college like many unmotivated college students do as of late -mostly from lower tier colleges-, then you're bound to lose money.

But come on... The Ivies/sub Ivies are worth their names -and even lesser colleges, if you put your soul into studying. And so are the LACs that rival them. I tell you that the top 20s of Universities and LACs (so 40 total) are by far worth the cost of tuition. And yet better if you can get scholarship -then you're saving even more $!

Home / Writing Feedback / College is a waste of money and time/ ROI in sending teenagers to University