IELTS TASK 2 - DOES COLOUR AFFECT ON PRODUCTIVITY AND PEOPLE'S HEALTH?

dynaranjani 27 / 24 18  
Psychologists have known for many years that colour can affect how people feel. For this reason, attention should be given to colour schemes when decorating places such as offices and hospitals

How true is this statement? How far does colour influence people's health and capacity for work?

Colours have been part of people's lives since they were at a young age. Although some psychologists found that it can affect on the way human feel, this finding, however, is not utterly acceptable. It is suggested that other measurements should be taken into consideration as it seems more important compared to colours.

Colour does not seem affect on workers' productivity. Some people claim it distracts them instead since they tend to get headache when working in a bright-coloured office room. A 2013 survey result about the impact of colour on the journalists of New York Times showed that they preferred working in a plain-coloured room as they are able to perform better in such place. According to them, bright colours have a tendency to make a reflection. Sometimes, this makes them get headache easily. However, I would argue that a high productivity can be achieved if all employees work in a harmonious way.

Similarly, either medical personnel or patients say that colours are less important as patients' recovery does not depend on the decoration of hospital. dr. Agung Nugroho, an Indonesian doctor working in my local hospital, state that patients are more likely to concentrate on their medical treatment rather than enjoying the room decoration where they stay. Besides, colours and decoration have nothing to do with their recovery. It aims only on creating a comfortable atmosphere. Apart from this fact, I personally argue that hygiene and highly sophisticated hospital equipment are what patients more concern about.

The aforementioned evidences show that colours do not play an important role in some cases. As far as I am concerned, employers should be able to create a friendly environment in a workplace and encourage their workers to have a good sense of community so as to boost company's productivity. Meanwhile, some people believe that their recovery depends on hospital hygiene and its well-advanced equipment.
sntinn 8 / 36 9  
Prompt: Psychologists have known for many years that colour can affect how people feel. For this reason, attention should be given to colour schemes when decorating places such as offices and hospitals

Your side: Color can affect on the way human feels; however, it seems that it has nothing to do with working productivity and people health.

Comments: I think that this writing is quite perfect. Truly. It is very good not only in terms of grammars, but also in terms of story lines. There are only some minor mistakes which I shall point out as follows:

Colours have been parts of people's lives since ...
Although Some psychologists found that it can affect on the way human feel; this finding, however, ...

Explanations: Because you are arguing against the prompt, I think it is better to emphasize your point by using 'however' at the part that you argue for;thus, 'although' must be removed.

According to these survey takers , bright colours have a tendency ...
However,Rather, a high productivity can be achieved, ifwhen all employees work in ...

D r. Agung Nugroho, an Indonesian doctor working in my local hospital, states that patients are ...
Apart from thisIn fact, I personally argueinstead of focusing on the colourthat, the hospital should pay attention to hygiene and highly sophisticated hospital equipment which are what patients ...

As t he aforementioned evidences showedthat, colours do not play an important role in somesuch cases.

Explanations: In the last paragraph, I use 'such' in place of 'some' to refer to something of the same kind as the thing which has already been mentioned:
Samuelsam123 12 / 46 20  
First of all , nice job on the arguements
the first argument is particularly strong. However, you might need to take note on some words you used, as it could potentially be a weak point of criticism. For example : "Some" this word means "little or less " it is better not to put it in.

Other points are such as, this year is 2016 , I don't think that a 2013 report could be convincing.

"bright colours have a tendency to make a reflection"- I don't really get what you mean.

On the second point, making people feel comfortable does help patients to get better. If you had the sophisticated equipment BUT without a bed. I don't think you will recover fast.Also, there is also the placebo effect. You might want to research on that.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 - DOES COLOUR AFFECT ON PRODUCTIVITY AND PEOPLE'S HEALTH?