Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

"coming from small village in Trinidad' - A profile about myself

Rajsingh 1 / -  
I grew up in small village in Trinidad which is mainly dominated by Indians. In an Indian cultured home, practicing the world's oldest religion, Hinduism as the way of life. This is what made me proud of what I am today.

I had three older sisters and one younger brother, which made my life more colorful. Mammy and Daddy where very strict parents and never allowed us to stray from the path of rightness. At and early age I began a spiritual journey with my family by attending the village Mandir, which is a place where Hindus gather to worship.

I eventually started to enroll myself in the Indian cultural art form, from dance, music drama, and the language Hindi. These art forms have allowed me to keep focus in the important essence in my life. Within the period of time, that I was engage in learning, I could vent my anger or express my happiness through the beat of dance, hit a high note playing the tabla and singing at the same time.

All this has brought me into secondary school, where I was optimistic about my studies.Having been around people of different faiths, beliefs, religions ,and even people with negative comments about myself, it never deferred my spiritual path way, it made me more spiritual .When I entered Chaguanas Senior Secondary I had a lot of friends and great teaches who loved me and cared about me .One such teacher Shamila Ramsingh whom is a Hindu and a Sathya Sai Baba devotee had taught me many moral values that people take for granted .She eventually train me to take part in many Hindu competition where we place first in all category .

I left secondary school with achieving all my passes and making my family proud.
But I felt that something was incomplete in my life ,I don't know what it was and I was searching spiritually for the answer. I eventually decided to attend a Sathya Mandir in my village

Home / Writing Feedback / "coming from small village in Trinidad' - A profile about myself