Common Forms of Fraud

srtheesa 2 / 2  
Common Forms of Fraud

We are living in a world full of crime. Man is ready to do anything for his survival. In that case fraud comes first. Fraud is illegal. It can be done for personal gain or to damage another individual. Nowadays , there are many forms of fraud such as: auction fraud, financial fraud, identity fraud, software piracy, and lottery fraud. Among them, software piracy, auction fraud, and identity fraud are considered as most important forms of frauds.

A major form of fraud is software piracy, which is recognized as a major threat to the software industry. Software piracy is unauthorized copying or distribution of copyrighted software. This can be done by copying, downloading, sharing, selling, or installing multiple copies on to personal or work computers. It costs the industry billions.

Another important form is auction fraud. Most of these are based on the Internet. Internet auction fraud occurs in several ways but most common is the failure to deliver the purchased item. On the other hand, 'betting' also occurs with auction fraud. People from around the world bet on particular teams but they don't know who is managing this trade. At last they are cheated.

Finally, the identity fraud is the serious form of frauds. It can be done many ways such as: stealing credit card number, security number , and stealing financial resources. For example identity fraud may occur when someone steals personal information, opens a credit card account without permission. In most of the countries identity fraud considered as a federal crime.

To sum up, we have to be careful about these frauds. If we don't be aware of this type of situations, we'll be the victim.
Common Forms of Fraud

In that case fraud sometimes comes first. Fraud is illegalI would omit such a statement of the obvious.
It can be done for personal gain or toand can damage another individual.
Nowadays , there are many forms of fraud such as: auction fraud, financial fraud, identity fraud, software piracy, and lottery fraud. Among them, software piracy, auction fraud, and identity fraud are considered asthe most importantserious forms. of frauds.

Finally, the identity fraud is the most serious form of frauds.
To sum up, we have to be careful about these frauds. If we don't beremain aware of this type of situations, we'll be the victim.

I made some revisions where I saw fit, hopefully you'll find them useful. Also, I suggest you add a bit more content and less use of the actual word "fraud" itself. The reader has been made aware that fraud is, in fact the topic of your essay. Excessive usage of the word may sound redundant.

Good job and have fun in school :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Common Forms of Fraud