IELTS writing: the most common mistakes that students make when translating Vietnamese into English

quynhhoang2k 1 / -  

vietnamese-english translation issues

The bar chart illustrates the most common mistakes that students make when translating Vietnamese into English. Looking at the graph, it is immediately obvious that the number of students translating Vietnamese into English word by word was the highest over the period shown, which was 100%. Furthermore, there was a slight drop, accounting for 64.1%, in the number of students with mistakes in sentence structures, the second-highest figure. Meanwhile, students' mistakes in grammar had a lower proportion, which was 57,1%. According to the data, 50% of students have a wrong translation due to wrong discourse analysis. 14.3% of the remaining students had the wrong word choice. According to the graph, most students have mistakes in pronunciation when translating Vietnamese into English due to a lack of practice. Therefore, students should practice as much as possible, not only to enrich their own vocabulary and pronunciation but also to solve these problems better.

The bar chart illustrates the most common mistakes

You should have included a clear reference to the fact that the info is based on collated opinion survey information that received 14 responses. When information is highlighted in the image, it should be part of the summary presentation.

highest over the period shown

Incorrect. There is no period being referred to, only percentage measurements.

Therefore, students should

Do not include a personal opinion or observation in a Task 1 report. It is not a requirement and will not help your score as it will be ignored by the examiner due to irrelevance to the discussion.

The presentation format itself is incorrect. Use the following format next time:

Par. 1- Summary + trending statement
Par. 2 - General report with comparisons
Par. 3- Analysis of chosen comparison points + closing statement (not an opinion)

When faced with 2 images, add another analysis paragraph for both images. That is optional though.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS writing: the most common mistakes that students make when translating Vietnamese into English