Where do communal responsibility and individual responsibility begin and end?

denzelmcd 2 / 3  
ok this is the first assignment of college and I'm stuck. this is what i have so far. is it ok . i don't think I'm answering the question. b/w this is my first paragraph

In today's society there is a broad line between communal responsibility and individual responsibility. Because we as humans are so busy we tend to forget our brothers and sisters that are struggling to be something in life. We occasionally want to help our neighbors but because of skepticism we are afraid that they might not honestly need the help. So in order to find where communal responsibility begin, one must first find out where individual responsibility and selfishness ends.
KhanhZ 5 / 131 7  
greetings, Denzel

Are stydying psychology?

So in order to find where communal responsibility begin, one must first find out where individual responsibility and selfishness ends.

I like this sentence, BUT it doesn't work with the previous one

We occasionally want to help our neighbors but because of skepticism we are afraid that they might not honestly need the help.

in this sentence you don't really talk about our selfishness, but rather our hesitation. and the sentence itself is messy in the end "but because of skepticism we are afraid that they might not honestly need the help "

but the criticism we are afraid to receive from those who we help restrains us from helping.

my opinion on this topic is that individual and communal responsibilities are often set by both family and cultural traditions.Those responsibilities might look different at first glance, while actually being tied to each other firmly. Individual responsibility starts with not escaping judgement and .accepting your social duties and the responsibility for the consequences of your actions. But this is directly tied to communal responsibility, because your actions quite often affect others and your duty is not to make harm. So it's really hard to define where is all starts,

I think you should explore the hidden connections of individual choices that eventually affect other people and etc.
to be somethingsomeone in life.

in this sentence you don't really talk about our selfishness, but rather our hesitation

Good point.... I agree with KhanhZ though hesitation my be base on one's selfishness. Anyway, you can talk a lot about selfishness.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
Because we as

Do not start the sentence with BECAUSE.

So in order to

I think the words "therefore", "Thus", and the like are better than "so"; they are more formal.

Good luck
Ahmad
OP denzelmcd 2 / 3  
no this is the assignment that everyone in the school has to write on. i think I'm not good for college cause this is the first essay and I'm completely stuck. thanks everyone for the help it was put to good use. and it all made sense
KhanhZ 5 / 131 7  
Everyone get stuck once in a while, Denzel. The main point is that you must try harder and you'll succeed.

Home / Writing Feedback / Where do communal responsibility and individual responsibility begin and end?