Communication via calling or texting?

DTMQ 1 / -  

Some prefer to talk on the phone, but others prefer to text.

Which manner of communication do you prefer? Use specific reasons to explain your opinion?

Without a doubt, technology massively impacts our lives. Communication has become an integral part of one's lifestyle. Some people tend to call their beloved ones, while others seek getting in touch through text messages. I personally find phone calls a better method of social interaction rather than using text messages, for the following reasons that will be demonstrated in this essay.

To begin with, phone calls have various merits in favor of better communication. Concerning work field, people are usually tense and frustrated, but with the help of phone calls, this provides a great chance to get each other's point across in the middle of a conflict. In order to solve efficiently any crucial problem at work, giving a call is a step forward towards reaching an agreement between colleagues. In addition, to be able to catch on the intonation of someone, one will probably need phone calls, as people can say words that gives two different meanings which can be clarified just by their tone in speaking. For instance, if you ask a team in any company, when any clash between the team outrages? Colleagues tend to reply that texting starts off many clashes as people probably don't really get the intentions of their partners in a team right; however, phone calls can set these conflicts aside.

On the other hand, text messages can drastically destroy skills needed for proper social interaction in the future. If people totally rely on communicating through messages, future generations will probably be more comfortable with minimal conversing between individuals. Not only face-to-face communication, but also phone calls may turn into rare methods for connecting with others, which in fact is quite disastrous. For example, youth face many social obstacles like having difficulty in getting along with new friends at school as they are unfamiliar with contacting people in real life. Thus, regarding all those drawbacks of text messaging, phone calls is obviously more beneficial to most individuals.

To sum up, communication has a vast influence on people's way of living, interactions. Calling someone is widely preferred than text messaging due to its numerous positive effects on society. Phone calling is essential to put conflicts aside and to know the true intentions of people. On top of that, calls help youngsters know how to interact and make new friends. Therefore, phone calling is a valuable way of communicating.
This essay asks you to take the first person approach to the discussion. Your examples and opinion should be based on your personal preferences for making phone calls. It should also contain the reasons why you, as an individual and a user, do not prefer to use text messaging. Your two paragraphs should represent one personal opinion for each. Why does this essay require your personal opinion and the use of first person pronouns in the discussion? Look at the discussion requirements:

Which manner of communication do you prefer? Use specific reasons to explain your opinion

The emphasis of the discussion is on the word YOU. It indicates that the essay needs to use personal experience, personal preference, and personal explanations. All using the first person reference. Do not focus on sweeping discussions such as the workplace for this essay. Bring it closer to home since it asks for your opinion. Your reasons and opinion should be based on your experience. What makes you dislike texting? Give an example. Why do you prefer to make phone calls? Explain how this served as an advantage for you in the past. These personal references would have made the explanations stronger and more informative as you will have provided a solid foundation (personal experience), causing your discussion to make more of an impact and most likely, bring up your scoring potential.

Remember, you have to choose which communication method you prefer and base your explanations on that opinion.

Home / Writing Feedback / Communication via calling or texting?