Writing task 1: Compare the access differences to the city hospital in 2007 and three years later

outofblue 1 / -  

roads to the hospital in 2007 and 2010

The two maps illustrate some changes in the way people accessed the city hospital in two different years 2007 and 2010.
It is evident that the main differences in road to this hospital involve intersection upgrades and the development of parking spaces and bus facilities.
According to both maps, city hospital was surrounded by Ring Road, which still remain. Whereas, the most notable changes were the separate of car park. Staff car park stay still as in 2007, as well as public car park appear on the map of 2010 located on the east-side of the city hospital. The additional feature was a new bus station to the western side of the hospital road which replaced the six bus stops situated along this road. The further addition feature was the appearance of two roundabouts. The first one was constructed at the three-way junction of Ring Road, while the second one was at intersection of city road. Those of which could lead to the bus station.

Thu, your essay meets the word count but not the paragraph count. Each comparison points for the two maps should be separated by a completely developed paragraph. There should be a total of 4 paragraphs composed of 3-5 sentences. Each paragraph should be completely developed and discussed within the sentence requirement. Your essay only enumerates the content of the illustrations. It does not compare nor contrast the presentation of the image as this type of comparison essay is often expected to present.

Don't just enumerate the information. Split it up into individual presentations so that you can write around 200 words. That is the number of words that should normally be written when doing a comparison essay. Try to truly analyze the illustration and look for less obvious information to report. That helps to increase your score overall.

Make sure to present the 4 paragraph requirement. The Task 1 essay can never be written in only one paragraph. Writing only one paragraph will surely decrease the individual scoring considerations and result in an unsatisfactory final score for you.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 1: Compare the access differences to the city hospital in 2007 and three years later