Compare the changes of an area during the years and predicted planning in the future

yoyolo 5 / 13  
The two pictures compare the changes of an area during the years and predicted planning in the future.

According to the first picture, there were only a few houses on the top right side of the river and there was nothing below the housing area in 1968. On the opposite of these houses, it was a dense forest with a main road directed to the city; however, the residents had to take boat first in order to across the river, otherwise, they could never access to the main road to the city.

The second map shows the present and future view of this area. As we can see that the housing area has been tripled and the deep forest is mainly replaced by two separated car parks and several buildings. More conveniently, people nowadays could visit the other side by a bridge rather than by boat in the past, which link the main road to the city. In the future, this area is going to build a church with a car park beside it on the right bottom alone the river. It is also planned to construct another bridge and path to the city on the top of the church.
I'll ad a comma to this compound sentence:

According to the first picture, there were only a few houses on the top right side of the river, and there was...

Opposite these houses, there was a dense...--I think this way is better. I wonder if you have seen the word OPPOSITE used the way I am suggesting here. I am using it as an adjective: "Adjective: Having a position on the other or further side of something. "

As we can see that th No! Not like that.

Do this:
We can see that the housing area has been...
or this:
As we can see, the housing area has...
:-)

Nice job!!! Keep practicing!!

Home / Writing Feedback / Compare the changes of an area during the years and predicted planning in the future