Compare and contrast: home-cooked food vs fast food

yucky 6 / 9 7  
The controversy of whether fast food is superior to home-cooked food has been long in question. This essay will elaborate on the similarities and dissimilarities of these aforementioned types of food.

There are many commonalities between the two. The first noticable similarity is that they both provide a variety of choices. There are a number of selections available in fast food restaurants as well as at home since we can't eat the same things on a daily basis. In addition, both types of food are often very delicious. It is a fact that fast food has become more popularized all over the world as more people are taking their favours of it. Home-cooked meals can certainly be yummy since they are prepared and served in regards to individuals' taste . Lastly, each types of food can be relatively inexpensve. Fast food are usually very cheap as it is intentionally made to be available for all levels of income. Home cooking cost will also be resonable as long as the ingredient prices are carefully considered.

Despite the similaritires, they also have some striking distinctions. One major difference concerns the speed of production. Fast food are clearly much faster than home cooked food as it is prepared by a lot of staffs at the same time. Secondly,home cooked food is greatly healthier than fast food due to frequent use of oil in the latter. It has been proved that uncontrolled use of oil in daily meals is the major cause of obesity , diabete and many other kinds of diseases , it is also undoubt that home meals usually contain more good nutritions than fast food. Another difference is convenience. Fast food is always already made and able to be carried everywhere while home cooked food can't be portable.

To put it in a nutshell, fast food and home cooked meals are similar in many ways but very different in others. Personally, I prefer home cooked meals as I like preparing my own meals and can be sure of the ingredients. In addition , enjoing a meal at home with my family is a great way to end my busy day.
Hi yucky,
I think you better include the purpose (e.g. IETLTS/ TOEFL/ GRE etc.) in the subject and include the full prompt in your essay. That helps others to provide you with more relevant feedbacks. :)

We now have very little information (all what we have is your topic) in order to provide you with our feedbacks.

as more people are taking theirfavours of it.

... flavors?

Home-cooked meals can certainly be yummy since they are prepared and served in regards to individuals' taste .

.... because they are cooked to suite individual tastes.

One major difference concerns the speed of production

.... speed of preperation
posdream 4 / 12 5  
Please try and use comparison adjectives in your work. E.g
While, whereas,meanwhile,also,on the contrary,in contrast etc.
"Lastly" was used twice.
"To put it in a nutshell" -In a nut shell is simple
"Enjoing"- I don't know if u mean enjoy.

Home / Writing Feedback / Compare and contrast: home-cooked food vs fast food