IELTS WRITING TASK 1 - Compare two maps - development in the layout of a university campus

Moinhminh 1 / -  

The maps show improvements that have been made to a university campus between 2010 and the present day.

The two maps illustrate the development in the layout of a university campus in the years 2010 and now.

Overall, it is clear that the campus has increased in both size and quality. Several supplementary innovations accompany student facilities.

Initially, along the road from northeast to southwest, there was a university offices building opposite a teaching block which was used in art and science educating, a skyscraper of student accommodation, and a lake with lawn and seating area. To the south of this area was another student accommodation whilst to the south where a row of shops and a restaurant.

Currently, the university offices and teaching block are eradicated to make ways for a science construction and an art building respectively. The southern student accommodation now has been transferred to right next to the other one. In place of that, shops and restaurant are included in the student facilities building. The lake remains its original site but the vicinal lawn and seating area is demolished. A new road to the southeast of the lake is constructed and used to access a new student accommodation.

(184 words)

I can't upload the images because of the size
The images are in: ielts-exam.net/academic_writing_samples_task_1/1121/
Sorry for this inconvenient!
and now.

Indicate the present year instead to refer to present day. That creates a clear reference to the data in the prompt and shows tou know how to use alternate refetences properly.

Overall, it is clear

You summarized the trend well enough to show you analyzed and compared the images.

Initially

Incorrect word usage. The correct term is previously as you are referring to the old image. This lacks reference clarity.

eradicated

Wrong word usage. Say replaced instead. Though eradicated means removed, it is not the same in meaning as replaced.

Your essay has problems with vocabulary usage and clarity due to incorrect vocabulary presentation. Work on properly building your vocabulary.

Sorry for this inconvenient!

You violated forum rules by not uploading the image and forcing the educational consultant to access an exterior link. Last warning before account ban !

* Limited review due to lack of image.
The second message in overall paragraph, you should use linking words such as : also, besides,..

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 1 - Compare two maps - development in the layout of a university campus