Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Comparing Christine and Penny essay

eng1 4 / 6  
Hi! I'm a new member of this forum. Please help me with my essay. I really suck in writing so please bear with me. Thank you.

Comparing Christine and Penny

Penny from Dr. Horrible Sing Along Blog was somehow similar to Christine Daae, from The Phantom of the Opera. Though the themes and plots of the musical plays where they belong to were distinct, these two characters had some things in common.

Christine and Penny were both innocent. They were ignorant of how dangerous and harsh the world could be. For Christine, the world was full of sweet and great things because that was what his father showed him. Penny was so optimistic about his advocacy and believed that people on streets would help her give shelter to the homeless. Because of being very naive, Christine and Penny were easily fooled. Christine believed without a doubt that Eric, the phantom, was an angel of music. Just because Eric comforted her when she lost his father and eventually taught her how to sing, she became very loyal to someone she did not even met. Penny thought that Capt. Hammer actually saved her from getting hit by a car. Although Capt. Hammer actually hurt Penny when he apparently saved her life, she became his girlfriend. Also, both of them were harmed by the men who were obsessed about them. Christine was abducted by Eric, and Penny was killed by Dr. Horrible's "Death Ray".

Christine and Penny may seemed very different because The Phantom of the Opera was a serious type of musical, while Dr. Horrible Sing Along Blog was a funny film. However, their personality and the way they developed during the play were comparable to each other.

Home / Writing Feedback / Comparing Christine and Penny essay