Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Comparison and contrast of Leonardo da Vinci and Masaccio

mandymoore 10 / 1  
During the fourteenth century, Masaccio and Leonardo da Vinci were two of the most influential Florentine painters. Their view on this from one hand is very different, but on the other it had a lot of similarities. The Early Renaissance was a time of clear contrast between the horrors of natural and social disasters and the growing of artists and cultural movements that were the sign in Italy.

Everyone knows about Mona Lisa of Leonardo da Vinci. Leonardo (1452-1519) came from a small Tuscan town near Florence called Vinci. He has been called "the genius of the Renaissance". His famous, significant arts were The Last Supper, Mona Lisa, and Madonna of the Rocks.

Masaccio, originally named Tommaso Guidi, was born in San Giovanni Valdarno, near Florence, on December 21, 1401. He joined the painters' guild in Florence in 1422. He is also genius as Leonardo. The Holy Trinity, The Tribute Money and Expulsion of Adam and Eve are his best artistic works.

Leonardo's uncommon function is he always brings "Notebooks" which he used to write his visionary minds and thoughts. He was keen on anatomy and natural worlds of geology and botany. He came very close to discovering the circulation path of blood.

Masaccio's remarkably individual style owed little to other painters, except possibly the great 14th-century master Giotto. He was more strongly influenced by the architect Brunelleschi and the sculptor Donatello, both of whom his contemporaries were in Florence. His most specious difference is in "the utilization of space".

In conclusion, they both had knowledge of mathematic besides drawing great pictures. Their paintings showed not only realism in the figures, but also informed sense of humanity. Leonardo and Masaccio did historical, valuable role in their paintings and they were leading many good artists.

This is comparison and contrast essay. could u check this for me.

Home / Writing Feedback / Comparison and contrast of Leonardo da Vinci and Masaccio