IELTS Task 1 - Comparison of Energy Production

Desty22 13 / 20 1  
The picture described the differences of energy output happened in 1995 and 2005. Overall, it can be seen that generally the use of coal and gas witnessed the most dominant for energy production among other different resources.

In 1995 and 2005, coal and gas still showed the highest percentage, while the other items significantly changed. However, coal presented slightly on the peak compare to the gas; it was reaching 30.93% and 30.30% respectively. In contrast, there significantly decreased of petro number rather it had been produced in numerous ranges before. In addition, the proportion of petro production illustrated virtually the same figure with coal and gas in 1995, but it dramatically decreased in 19.55% over the subsequent ten years.

Less change was seen in the remaining two aspects, nuclear and other. In 1995, the production of nuclear experienced minimum number at 6.40%, but it went up over ten percent in ten years later. Besides, the same treatment also happened with output of other sector which had risen by roughly 6%.

Wolf Larsen - / 127 47  
Hello Desty22

I rewrote some of the most awkwardly sounding sentences for you so that the text sounds better:

1. The picture shows the differences in energy-output in the years 1995 and 2005.
2. As it can be seen on it, in both years coal and natural gas accounted for the most extensively exploited sources of energy.
3. There was a slight rise in the usage of coal in the year 2005, as compared to what it used to be the case in the year 1995, with the percentile ratios amounting to 30.93% and 30.30%, respectively.

4. Throughout the period, the rate of petro-usage has fallen from 29.27% to 19.55%.

I hope that it'll come of help. Regards.
nida26 30 / 19 5  
Hi, Desty. You have a great essay. Let me give suggestion for your essay. Please correct me, if I am wrong

Your introduction:

You have to know that every paragraph must be consisted of at least three sentences. So, you need to add 1 more sentence .

I try to rewrite your introduction. Here is mine:
A comparison of different production of energy in 1995 and 2005 is presented in two pie charts. Overall, it can be seen that the dominant energy produced were coal and gas over 10-year period. Nevertheless, the least production of energy was other resources.

Thank you

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1 - Comparison of Energy Production