[IELTS Writing Task 1] A comparison of money spent on three common fast foods in the UK in 1990

Lita27 16 / 21 2  
A comparison of money spent on three common fast foods in the UK in 1990, categorised by financial status is presented in the given bar chart and the number of those expenses detailed per five years is measured in the line graph. Overall, it can be seen that each income group showed a different pattern, and people with higher salary tend to buy fast food more than other groups. It also can be noticed that from 1970 to 1990, the popularity of hamburger and fish and chips boosted up, while for pizza experienced a modest decrease.

Hamburger was predominantly a fast food chosen by people in the groups of high and average income, which the highest was for the high-income group, at around 42. Accounting for a slightly lower than this number, middle income reached small above 30, and other types were less than 25. A minority of fast food expenses were noted in low-income group, all under 18.

Looking at the line graph, in 1970, hamburger and fish and chips stood at a fairly similar number at under 100, then gradually increased to 500 for the hamburger and a hair under 300 for fish and chips to finish the last period. Pizza; however, lost popularity during a 20-year period, which declined steadily from 300 in 1970 to 200 in 1985 prior to rising with a minute number to over 200 in the subsequent five years.

Hi Lita, first of all, I'd like to share my thoughts on the way your analysis is written, not just yours but most of the analysis I read is written this way;

- introduction
- overall analysis
- body of analysis
- conclusion

Now, I'm not sure if this is how its done theaes days but looking back, reviewing the methods and forms on writing an analysis, the overall analogy should be written in the end or in the conclusion of the essay.

However, I must say that your analysis is written well, I love the fact that you were able to play with words in your essay in order to make sure that the graph is elaborately explained and that the analysis is delivered properly. I hope my insights helped and I wish you the best of luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS Writing Task 1] A comparison of money spent on three common fast foods in the UK in 1990