The comparison of water consumption for industrial, agricultural, and domestic purposes

khain43 1 / -  

IELTS TASK 1 - Water Usage

The pie graph provides a comparison of water consumption for three different purposes including industrial, agricultural, and domestic in six areas of the world.

From an overall perspective, it is evident that all areas spent the most significant proportion of water used on agriculture. However, North America and Europe used water largely in the industrial sector. Agricultural used water was highest in Africa, central Asia, and Southeast Asia with a percentage higher than 80% while domestic and industrial allocated at lower than 20%.

Regarding North America and Europe quite similar the proportion of water used when the percentage of industrial respectively 53% and 48%. Around 30% - 40% of the water is used by agriculture and around 15% for domestic use in both these regions. For South America, agricultural use of water is 71% of the total, and industrial and domestic use make up for 19% and 10% of the total, respectively.

The pie chart enumeration in the trending paragraph is not complete. It should mention all 6 countries as represented by the 6 pie charts. Otherwise the reader finds himself repeating the statement, counting off the countries mentioned in comparison to the number of pie charts provided. There is one missing. The trending statement has become inaccurate. Additionally, the trending statement should never include a reference to the measurements provided in the image. Only vague references can be made since the trend is not an actual part of the reporting analysis paragraphs. Since there are 6 images provided, this should be an analytical report based on a 4 paragraph presentation. The report is not properly developed and does not offer a complete / accurate analysis of all the image references. Since there are only 151 words provided, there is no way the examiner will consider this a comprehensive report. It should have at least 180 words written to achieve that task.

Home / Writing Feedback / The comparison of water consumption for industrial, agricultural, and domestic purposes