Competition among older and younger generation for job vacancy

annahatef 30 / 9 7  
please give me opinion about developing idea, it is very important criteria for IELTS mark

Nowadays more and more older people compete with younger people for the same jobs. What can be the reason for this? What would you suggest as a solution?

The idea that older people can find as many jobs as young generation does at the first glance may seem a fair statement. Nevertheless it takes account of that other factors affect one person to be employed. In this essay, I explain the reasons why young generation can get job more than old people, for example having higher degree, stronger body and analyzing problems effectively are benefit for young generation in comparison with older one to get job.

New modern life makes more facilities to new generation to get higher degree. They spend most of their time on school, therefore, young generation learn many skills and abilities. Having more knowledge and crafts makes young adults more suitable for jobs.

Also, young people have active mind. They can analyze some problems easier. In the workforce, the young generation have more potential to solve many economical, political and emotional problems. So, many employers are interested to work with younger. What is more, young generation takes risk frequently, because they do not follow some cautious behaviors of the elderly people.

People in the old age do not have the same physical energy as when they are young. Human body become weak when people are in the middle age in comparison with young age. So, young people can work longer and have more efficiency. They do duties in the short time compared to old people.

In the final analysis, employers try to employ workforces who have more efficiency, knowledge and can solve more problems in dependently. So, employers encourage to recruit younger adults in comparison with the elderly.
Annahatef, you did not really understand the prompt properly so you were not able to discuss the essay in the expected manner. In order to understand a prompt, you first need to understand that you should look for "keywords" in an essay prompt. Keywords are the central part of the prompt that give you the topic and instructions for what you have to write. In this case the following are the keywords of the prompt:

older people compete with younger people for the same jobs - This is the central idea normally located at the very start of the prompt.

the reason for this? - Analytical points you are expected to consider

suggest as a solution? - Results of your analysis.

Using this format, your essay should be composed of 3 main parts / paragraphs. Don't try to over analyze the questions. Just look for keywords in every essay prompt and you will be able to write the correct response. The exam always offers clues that will help making writing your response easier, specially when it comes to developing the thesis for it. You just have to know what to look out for. In this case, the restated thesis could have been :

Older and younger people seem to be competing for the same jobs these days. High rates of job turnover among the older employees and an employment force that is getting younger everyday are being pointed to as one of the reasons that the competition between the two has developed. I believe that, along with that reason, there are other reasons as well. In this essay, I will look at the other reasons involved and offer possible solutions to end the competition between the young and old in the work hiring field.

What I have written is just a suggestion to help you understand how best to use keywords in developing an effective thesis. I highlighted the parts that correspond to the keywords. I hope it can help guide you in developing your next practice essay :-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Competition among older and younger generation for job vacancy