TOEFL; Should we be completely honest with the friends?

Flora1991 2 / 4  
Nowadays,people pay more attention to their network than before .thus,how to get along with friends is a crucial lesson for all of us .some people consider that be honesty is always the best policy and is a very important charactor of person for everyone in the world ,so we should be honest and never telling lies to our friends .others hold that although honesty is a vital for everyone, no one can be honest with their friends constantly .from my point of view,i agree with the latter,there are several reasons to support my opinon,and here i want to put forward some reasons of the most importance.

In the first place , we tell white lies for with our friend occasionally can keep them from harmful situations.take myself as example,last summer, before we have a final examination ,my friend Ann borrow me a digital dictionary to prepared the exam and this dictionary is the gift from Ann's father ,so it means a lot for her.but one day ,i broke it so brought it to the strore to fix it .after that,when Ann asking me where is the digital dictionary, i just lied to her cause i know if i telling the truth ,she must be so upset and could not preparing the exam well.finally,after the examination and i bought back the dictionalry from the store.finaaly,i told everything to Ann,she forgive me and got a high score in the final exam.

In addition,some times telling lies to our friends can also help them keep confidence in their daily life and be successful.for example ,my sister told me that she has a roommate called Grace who is not beautiful enough and always feel diffident .to help Grace be more confidence,my sister always speak highly of Grace's dresses or make her known how exellent she is .after serveral months,Grace was not as shy or feel inferior as before and recently ,my sister told me that Grace got first in a debate comepetation.

Finally ,whiles we tell lies to our friends can also protect ourselves and keep exellent a interpersonal relationship with them.one of the best example is that my mother died early when i was only ten years old but i don't want my new friends known about that cause it will make me feel so sad and cannot have a perfect communication with them.so when a new friend asking me about my mother's stuff,i just tell him or her that my mother is very busy,then change a topic with them.so telling lies have a lot of means for both our friends and ourselves.

In sum,although be honesty to other people especially friends is crucial for keeping friendship,it is also obtain benefits from telling white lies not only friends but also ourselves.therefore ,all reasons above can directly lead us to conclude that it is impossible to telling the truth to our friends all the time.
pulp 7 / 20  
HI~
I think you can pay more attention to the capital letters and don't forget to have a period after a sentence.:)
The first example about the dictionary, I don't think it is really a white lie. It looks like that you lied to cover yourself up. Maybe a white lie should be you told your friend she is incredible pretty in a dress she likes while in fact she does not look that pretty.

Well written though.~
Nowadays,people pay more attention to theirnetwork than before

... with who?
Nowadays people pay more attention to network with others than earlier.

thus,Thus how to get along with friends is a crucial lesson for all of us .some Some people consider that being honesthonesty is always the best policy and is a very important charactor of a person for everyone in the world ,so we should be honest and never tellingtell lies to our friends

pulp is right. Your essay looks so messy and kindly start your sentences with capital letters when you post essays to this forum. Otherwise it is very difficult for others to proof read and you will not earn good comments on them.
OP Flora1991 2 / 4  
Thanks a lot ~:)
OP Flora1991 2 / 4  
thanks for your feedback~

" it is very difficult for others to proof read ",so how can i modify this essay and improve my writting skill?
my gramma is so horrible:(
Well .... post this essay again in the same thread with each sentence starting with a capital letter. That's one among the first few lessons we learn in English; You start a new sentence with a capital letter ;)

No... I don't think your grammar is horrible...It's just that we don't get any motivation to read your essay because it looks pretty messy and we need to pay lots of attention to identify new sentences. Please post it again here in the same thread and I'll have a look at it again :D

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL; Should we be completely honest with the friends?