( IELTS essay) Computer will diminish the writing skills

joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Schoolchildren are becoming far too dependent on computer. This is having an alarming effect on reading and writing skills. Teachers need to avoid using computers in a classroom at all costs and go back basic study skills. Do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, modern technology has totally changed our approach to study. In fact, some people believe that modern technology does many of our day-to-day activities, both for young and adult, which in turn will adversely affect our lives. Especially children may lose developing their basic skills such as reading and writing. In my opinion, combining old methods and new technology will be beneficial.

To begin with, the advanced technology plays an undeniable role in the teaching learning process. Access to internet with computers has opened up a new world of information for not only students but also teachers. We can collect the knowledge about anything at any time under the fingers by using internet. Furthermore, new technologies are using to teach alphabets, numbers and words to little children. Through different programs and games, they enjoy and learn these essential skills. Undeniably, in many countries, students no longer have to copy their note by hand from the black board, instead the teacher give them a photocopy. These typed assignments and notes, are much easier to read and are much neater.

On the other hand, the knowledge of writing, reading and spelling are pivotal in every body's life. Undoubtedly, these skills are deteriorated by the over use of computers. The computer even checks the spelling and grammar as they go. As it needs less effort, children may neglect their basic skills such as spellings and writing. It is true that, hand written documents are not look neatly when compared with typed ones. Nevertheless, lacking this skill may create detrimental effects on these children's future lives. They should learn the basics of spelling and grammar. It is impossible to use computer everywhere. Beside, handwriting is a personal identification too.

In conclusion, though technology can have its own merits to improve the quality of teaching learning process, over use of it can cause unfavorable impacts especially on small children. It is better to use the technology to impart these skills in children than blaming it or to shifting to old ways.
colin 23 / 48 15  
Especially children may lose developing their basic skills such as reading and writing.
==>>Especially, children may lose their basic skills such as reading and writing.

In my opinion, combining old methods and new technology will be beneficial.
==>>In my opinion, the conbination of traditional teaching methods and new technology will bring benefits to students.

Access to internet with computers has opened up a new world of information for not only students but also teachers.
==>>Accessing to the internet has opened up a new world of information for both students and teachers.

Through different programs and games, they enjoy and learn these essential skills.
==>>they enjoy and learn these essential skills from a wide range of compueter programs and games

Undoubtedly, these skills are deteriorated by the over use of computers.
=>>Undoubtedly, these skills are deteriorated by using of computers excessively.
Nowadays, modern technology has totally changed our approach to study.

... This is a strong opening statement. It sounds general but it has relevance to your topic.

In fact, some people believe that modern technology does many of our day-to-day activities, both for young and adult, which in turn will adversely affect our lives

... with this you are deviating from the topic... After the previous line, you must quickly align your ideas with the topic which talks about how computers affect reading and writing skills of new generations. My suggestion;

Unlike the previous generations, the children today use computers extensively for reading and writing. Some people believe this has alarming effects on their language skills.

Home / Writing Feedback / ( IELTS essay) Computer will diminish the writing skills