'Computer' is the greatest change in the 20th of century?

bek23 2 / 4  
The essay about the greatest change in 20th century... 3 reasons should be included to prove the point...

In the period of 20th century, people saw plenty of significant changes in our life to remember forever in their life. Most shifts were technology advancements due to great inventions, which even nowadays changing shapes of everyday life of society. In my opinion, the most remarkable invention which can be remembered in history is invention of computers. Because, computers influenced our office systems, education and science.

First, after invading to our life, computers have become one of the main tools of office workers. Because, due to computers companies are saving a great deal of money and increasing productivity of office workers. For instance, computer is a good device to manage data storage of companies and thus can help to reduce the huge amount of paper which are needed for ordinary working issues. Also, they can be used to enhance productivity in areas such as word processing, data management and information access. Therefore, it is predicted that computers will remain as a essential instrument of office staff for a long time.

Second, education is one of the most important factors of development and due to computers education system of countries are improving. After invention of computer, quality of education has been increased and students has began to study in interactive ways such as online presentations, group learning through the Internet and taking online courses, which are offered by great universities such as Harvard, MIT and Stanford. The use of computers makes learning simpler, easier and more convenient for students and every young people, no matter where is he/she from, is able to gain knowledge by connecting their personal computers to the Internet. As a result, people have realized the beneficial sides of computers for education system and are trying to use them as much as possible in educational processes all over the world.

Third, computers are one of the main factors that led science to be developed with high speed and most explorations have been conducting with the help of these devices. In fact, in science there are a lot of calculations need to be performed in order to prove some hypothesis and mostly computational scientists often use it. For example, the use of supercomputers has enabled astrophysicist to find out the condition of our universe, when it was being undergone "Big Bang", has enabled biologists to get more information on genetics of human-beings and for geologists has enabled to predict earthquakes accurately. In this way, computers play major role on the advancement of scientific areas and scientists use them in different purposes such as modelling stars, modelling disease states to modelling human behaviour. Therefore, it is possible that in the future scientific inventions, computers will be one of the contributors.

All is all, the invention of computer might be remember for a long time in people's mind, because through 60 years, it has impacted almost all areas of our life from our everyday working issues, educational and scientific areas. Thus, most people cannot imagine their life without computers, they have become quite close to us that we sometimes forget that it is just a device, made from metals. As a result, we treasure as a child, love them as a lover and use as a heart. In my point of view, it was not only the greatest change of 20th century, it was one of the most significant changes of all time.

Thank you for you time!
Comments are welcome!
ClarissaMach 1 / 4  
I think you made a good choice by talking about technology.

One thing you might have mentioned was the fact that during the 20th century two World Wars took place. Wars of these proportions had never taken place before and (hopefully) won't take place so soon. And the technological developments of that century are directly connected to these wars (mobile phones and internet, for example).
OP bek23 2 / 4  
I have to choose only one topic: computer, the Internet, radio or World War II)

I chose computer

Home / Writing Feedback / 'Computer' is the greatest change in the 20th of century?