IELTS Writing Task 2 - Computer Programmes for Teaching Purposes

adriennguyen 3 / 4 2  

Computer Programmes for Teaching Purposes

Topic: Computers are now the basis of the modern world. They should therefore be introduced into classrooms, and their programs used for direct teaching purposes. However, dependence on computers in teaching may carry a certain degree of risk to students.

Discuss both sides and give your opinion.

Give reasons for your answer, and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

You should write at least 250 words.

__________________________________________

Answer:

In a world where technological advance constantly takes place, utilising computer programmes in classrooms for educational purposes is becoming a trend in the majority of schools these days. However, it is sometimes argued that this change is possibly affecting the students in a negative way. In this essay, I will be discussing both of these views, followed by my own opinion regarding this problem.

Firstly, computers can be a great help in classrooms in order to increase teaching efficiency. With a vast number of interactive programmes, teaching materials that teachers can choose from, this can directly build growth of students' interest in the subject, as they can participate in the process of learning themselves. Consequently, the interest in the subject is slowly built in each learner, helping them to reach the aim faster and in a more active way. Moreover, computers are becoming the cutting-edge device, used widely in various activities in our lives. Therefore, it is indispensable to learn how to function it properly, considering the difficulties it can bring if a student does not know how to do so.

However, those convenience can become great dangers if each student are not aware of what they are facing online. For instance, false information, threats and scams on websites, cyberbullying, especially for teenagers, are only a small part of the adverse elements can be found when browsing the Internet and can contribute to damage a student's health mentally and physically. In order to prevent this from happening, it is essential to create school curriculums which provide students the basic points of Internet safety. Limitations of screen time should also be made so that students can stay away from being addicted to computers, or experiencing a downfall in their education.

To conclude, although dependence on computers can indeed have a potential to harm students in some way, I still believe that it should be widely publicised to make use of technology in teaching. It is considered a breakthrough for humanity and can bring great benefits to the learning of many individuals.

Thank you for spending time reading and correcting my essay. Have a great day!
The total discussion approach to the given prompt is not based on the expected discussion format. For starters, the restatement does not properly represent the basis points for the discussion. The writer took a shortcut in this case which led to a sometimes incomplete and inaccurate representation. The writer also did not provide his own openmon as needed and only repeated the discussion instructions. These errors will result in a non-passing preliminary TA score.

Debate / comparative discussion format reasoning paragraphs are the higher scoring paragraph presentations for this prompt. By comparing the public andpersonal opinions per idea, a more cohesive and coherent paragraph score can be achieved. The writer has misunderstood the writing requirement as meaning to only discuss his private opinion of both public ideas. While the discussion will be accepted and scored, this type of presentation cannot achieve higher than average marks since there are also LR and GRA deductions to be applied to the final score. The fact that there is absolutely no pronoun usage in thest discussion sections will result in a problematic GRA score. This prompt does not use a general reference in relation to the represented groups.

By presenting his clear opinion in the concluding paragraph, he assures himself of a total failing score.This will be based on previous errors and the fact that a personal opinion cannot be stated in the conclusion. Thatis because the conclusion is to be used to present a summary of the previous discussions.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing Task 2 - Computer Programmes for Teaching Purposes