IELTS Task 2: Will Computer Replace Teachers? I don't think so - they do not have emotions

Tofy 1 / 1  
Hi, new here. Can someone please check my essay?

As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, computers are integral parts of almost every activity, including education. Moreover, they are now more sophisticated than ever, which makes some people think that they will shortly replace teachers. I, however, would argue that teachers are irreplaceable and in this essay I am going show why.

First of all, students acquire more than just simple facts from teachers; they acquire social and communicational skills as well, such as the appropriate use of body language. In contrast, computers can not mimic postures, gestures, or even a smile. This is a problem because body language plays an important role in communication and learning; they can emphasize our words or contradict our statements. Without a human educator, students will not suffer from the lack of this essential skill.

Moreover, computers, no matter how advanced they are, do not have emotions. They can not show love, care, or comfort. This is a problem because such emotions are important to stimulate the learning process and to trigger students to be more involved in education by feeling comfortable to participate in class or to ask questions. The absence of emotions in education, in addition to hinder the learning process, might damage students' characters by making them feel rejected or unloved.

In conclusion, it is not arguable that the immense advances in computer technology made them capable of replacing some jobs; however, I do not think that they are advanced enough to replace teachers. Teachers are not simply facilitators of facts, but have some skills that can not be copied by computers, like positive body language and emotions.
There is a prompt deviation on the part of your restatement. Kindly compare the following to see how you accidentally committed the error:

Question: To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Response: I, however, would argue that teachers are irreplaceable and in this essay I am going show why.

The lack of proper response means your starting TA score will be rated based on unrelated response. Always review your essay for prompt accuracy after you draft your response. Make sure that your response supports the discussion instructions or responds to the question posed. In this case, you can clearly see why your essay will start at a scoring disadvantage from the very start. While your reasoning paragraphs are somewhat supportive of the given discussion topic and question, I do not believe that this will be enough to help you get a passing score in an actual test. Most specially since you do not have an appropriate summary conclusion presented. You continued to discuss your opinion in the last paragraph, creating a non-concluded essay. The lack of summary in the summary conclusion will also force additional deductions on your TA score.
OP Tofy 1 / 1  
The question asked for my opinion. So, my response was: teachers are irreplaceable < my opinion. I don't see the problem.
Nhungmeow246 1 / 2  
I think that your second paragraph contains the same content as the first one. You should give more argument as one as now.
plamEK16cqt 1 / 3  
going to show why
I think you should use more complex sentences. For example, "..., no matter how advanced they are,do not have emotions. They can not show love, care, or comfort. " In this sentence, the idea is duplicated.

-> matter how advanced they are, do not have emotions such as feelings of love, care, or even hate
You need to practice more because your sentences are still simple and monotonous.
amiisareum 1 / 1  
Scarce of= lack of
Spare=replacement
These are some synonyms for u

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2: Will Computer Replace Teachers? I don't think so - they do not have emotions