Computers are becoming an essential parts of school lessons. Discuss the advantages and disadvantage

do thu trang 1 / 1  

Pros and cons of computers in the classrooms

These days, it could not be denied the importance of computers in modernization life. It is becoming more common that people can not work well without them. Especially, in education sector, computers also help teachers and students be more effective in teaching and learning. However, there are still some drawbacks of computers existed. In this essay, I will discuss some pros and cons of it and give examples.

On the first hand, students nowadays tend to be fed up with traditional text books or lessons. They are not focus on the lessons at all that leads to the result of the final examinations are not good. To tackle this problem, teachers applied technology like making lessons as a presentation with many effects in combination with sounds that make students be more attractive and curious. In addition, with a computer accessed to internet, sometimes teacher can show students the videos to illustrate what is being said that could help students to understand easier then keep it in mind longer.

Moreover, a computer allows teachers and students to stay in touch without meeting directly. For example, students still could have lessons at home with teachers by online learning platforms. This leaning manner not only saves time for both teachers and students but also help students always promptly have supports from teachers when they need.

Conversely, computers have their owns disadvantages that teachers and students should avoid. It is no doubt that computers are creating the dependence for students. For many, they absolutely believe that computers can do everything well for them. A good example of this would be finding information on the internet then copy - paste to complete homework instead of attempt to reading book and do it themselves. Gradually, they become lazy and totally rely on computers.

To sum up, although computers have some cons, in my opinion, the advantages are still outweigh so if we could handle the disadvantage as well as create a self discipline when using computer, that would optimize the benefits of computers.
You need to shorten the discussion. This is a 4 paragraph essay that uses the following format:

- Topic sentence
- explanation
- Second, related topic sentence (must help improve the first topic discussion)
- Example that relates the 1st and 2nd topic sentences
- Collaborative explanation that proves the dis/advantage of the two topics

When asked to write about advantages and disadvantages, you must write a balanced examination of the opinions. However, you only have 2 reasoning paragraphs to do so since the instruction did not ask for your opinion, which would have made this a 5 paragraph sentence. Your presentation is not balanced. You are focusing on 2 advantages and only 1 disadvantage. Therefore, this will be seen as an under developed discussion with some parts covered more than others. By using the format I provided above, you would be able to present a fully developed, coherent, and concise discussion as the topic sentences per paragraph will always be related to one another.

Additionally, you did not consider that you only have 40 minutes to write this task. Writing a total of 337 words will mean that you will be unable to properly focus on developing the discussion points, correcting grammar errors, and perfecting the presentation. You should divide your time as follows:

- 10 minutes to analyze , outline, and draft your essay content
- 10 minutes to write your draft
- 10 minutes to proofread and correct your grammar errors and improve your sentences
- 10 minutes to finalize the content, change irrelevant positions, or improve on certain aspects that need it.

You are capable of creating good discussion points. The grammar isn't perfect and needs work, but you can be understood in the presentation. However, you need to learn to say more by writing less. That is what the outline I provided you should help you achieve.
OP do thu trang 1 / 1  
Thank you very much for your advices and detail comment. I really appreciate !

Home / Writing Feedback / Computers are becoming an essential parts of school lessons. Discuss the advantages and disadvantage