Computers are believed to be smarter than humans by several scientists in no time

Vyvy201197 1 / -  

WRITING TASK 2: COMPUTERS

Some scientists think that computers will soon become more intelligent than humans. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Computers are believed to be smarter than humans by several scientists in no time. From my perspective, although technology can do most kinds of work, it does not have enough cognitive and mental abilities to analyze sophisticated situations. Besides, without human operation, it cannot be run efficiently since it does not know how to maintain itself properly.

It is true that computers are superior than some people in multiple fields. However, there are certain positions which humans are irreplaceable. Content creator and doctor are typical examples. When it comes to creativity, machine cannot create hilarious contents or replicate all the senses of a human being. If a machine try to make a funny video, perhaps it will cause robotic effects, and make its audience feel bored. In terms of medical profession, there are jobs needed to be extremely meticulous. Computers are less likely to perform surgery on human body because it may cause deaths.

On top of that, finding enough energy to run itself is beyond the ability of what a machine can do. Reaching for gas is easy, but how to prevent it from rusting, especially in humid areas is a big question. Most materials used to make computers need to be maintained regularly by human. It is easily noticed that luxury car brand and airplane equip the best cover for their product comes along with the best warranty service. It proves that even a machine having the best material also needs preserving by humans.

For these reasons, computers cannot replace human in the future due to the lack of mental and self-maintained abilities.
Computers are believed to be smarter than humans by several scientists in no time.

This sentence does not make sense. The reference point in the original is " will soon become intelligent ". That please cannot be translated into a slang (non- academic) phrase, " in no time". You are also using a past time reference ( believed) for something happening at present time. These 2 confusing presentations in one sentence will confuse the leader no end.

From my perspective

Your perspective is not based on an extent response. Hence a failing TA score due to an improper response format.

which humans are irreplaceable

finding enough energy to run itself is beyond the ability of what a machine can do.

Topic deviation. The question is not about robots replacing humans, it is about robot intelligence surpassing human intellect.

The overall response does not refer to the provided discussion . It is possible that your essay will have an unsatisfactory score because of your discussion misconception.
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  

You have used an incorrect verb form (are believed - past participle) in this sentence. The expression "in no time" indicates that the action will take place in the future. Please consider revising :)

From my perspective, although technology can do most kinds of work, it does not have enough cognitive and mental abilities to analyze sophisticated situations.

This is your thesis statement; however, I have found several issues. Firstly, you have not answered the question correctly. The question, " To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?" means how FAR you agree or disagree with the given statement ( I agree, I strongly agree, I disagree, I strongly disagree, etc.). Secondly, you have not clearly stated your opinion. The word "technology" is a general term which means it also includes other tools; thus, it does not specifically refer to computers. Thirdly, I would like to emphasize that the pronoun "it" refers to technology, not to computers; hence, you have to consider correct word choice as well to improve this sentence.
Paul16 5 / 7  
First, you don't answer the question correctly. You discuss whether technology can replace humans or not.
Second, "it" refers to "technology", not "computers". So "it cannot be run" makes no sense.
phucnguyen0409 2 / 2  
You have an inaccuracy understanding the topic. Thus, i think you can change "On top of that" ==> "Moreover"
Thank you!

Home / Writing Feedback / Computers are believed to be smarter than humans by several scientists in no time