Computers have contributed to medicine, but they brought many hindrances in human development

Marcos 1 / 1  
Advantages and disadvantages of Using Computers

A computer is a device that accepts information in the form of digitalized data and manipulates it for some result based on a program or sequence of instructions on how the data is to be processed. However, there are some advantages and disadvantages of using computers.

One important advantage is that computer technology has contributed as a tool for medicine. Computers are being used to screen x-rays, enabling doctors see if patients suffer from any illness. For example, patients with brain illnesses can receive an implant that allows communication between their brain and a computer.

Another benefit is that computers can be used as a great learning supporting tool. Students, for instance, can have access to all sorts of information, ranging from websites like online dictionaries to educational videos.

However, computer appliance has also created some problems.

These electronic brains have replaced many posts. As different tasks are performed automatically, the need for people is reduced and thus unemployment increases. This mainly happens in factories, where new machines and robots are used to solve different tasks. In those factories, computers are utilized to make products, manage companies´ budgets, do online business, and write mail.

Another drawback is that their software can be affected by virtual viruses easily. There are some websites which are infected by malware and with only a click on a link the virus gets into the computer destroying not only the information stored but also the hard disk.

All in all, computers have brought many hindrances in fields that affect human development. However, its extended use have helped people deal with many problems ranging from health issues to educational ones.
afoltz 1 / 1  
Maybe add some more detail to certain parts to get your point across more.

Another benefit is that computers can be used as a great learning supporting tool. Students, for instance, can have access to all sorts of information, ranging from websites like online dictionaries to educational videos.I think this part could use a little more detail. You added a great example to get your point across, just maybe explain more.
OP Marcos 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot!!! This is very helpful to me!!
Hi Marcos, I hope my remarks and insights is not too late, well, before I do, I would like to WELCOME you to the forum, we a growing family and we are glad that you are part of this ever helpful and credible forum. We aim at providing you the most comprehensive and objective feedback, in order for you to enhance and get you essay ready for submission.

Now, the physical presentation of your essay needs to enhanced, you can merge the 1st and 2nd paragraph, take the 3rd and 4th to be the body of your essay and strengthen the last paragraph, this will give your essay a clean cut and less confusing parts that is absolutely unnecessary to answer this prompt.

Overall, you have managed to write a well written essay, your ideas are clear, straight to the point and is definitely geared towards answering the prompt. I hope to see more of your writing projects and I hope you follow through with the insights and suggestions given to enhance your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Computers have contributed to medicine, but they brought many hindrances in human development