Computers will replace teachers in the future?

thuduong19 2 / 2 1  
Computers are being used more and more in education and so there will soon be no role for the teacher in education. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

machinery cannot dominate education

In the age of modern technology, there has been immense advances in technology in most aspects of lives, particularly education. Many people are of the opinion that one day teachers will be obsolete in the classroom. I affirm that educator's position is irreplaceable in this area.

Some people hold a belief that the role of teacher in the classroom starts to fade, giving place to computers for several reasons. First, there are a number of fundamental subjects which are able to be taught by computers. Pupils can do assignments and get answers easily using computers in some areas such as maths and languages as these subjects only require students to memorize the information through a process of repetition. As a result, programmed-computers can provide a multitude of questions and answers to students to handle with. However, this hinders the interaction between students and educators.

All things considered, teachers still play a pivotal role in the classroom. Firstly, teacher can instruct and stretch students how to analyze and synthetize information efficiently and then give them appropriate feedbacks. Meanwhile, a computer is not adequate to evaluate mistakes or provide expanded concepts which are essential to enhance students' learning proficiency. Secondly, teachers can support students to develop other vital skills. A prime example is that through classroom activites designed and monitored by teachers, students can foster their critical thinking skill, creativity and team-work performance. Besides, teachers create motivations by honoring the academic achievements of the students.

In conclusion, technology will not bring the best values into education system if we marginalize the role of teachers. Education is a crucial mission that machinery cannot dominate in any time. It would be much more efficient for us to use a computer with the teacher's guidance in the classroom.
Junghakkyo 3 / 9 2  
Hello!

Firstly, I think this is the start of a really good essay. However, I think there are a lot of holes in your argument. A better way to structure the essay may be to list a reason why people believe computers are better, and then give your opinion as to why that reason is not a good idea.

For example,
*Pupils can do assignments ... process of repetition* However, having a teacher walk each student through the problem they are having can help them better understand any areas they are having difficulty. A computer is unable to properly identify the issue each individual student might have.

By doing this, you can make your argument stronger, and more persuasive.

Secondly, there are some areas that just needed a little edit. Some might just be writing style preferences, but mostly grammar points~

1. I affirm that the educator's ... in this area the classroom.
2. ... the role of the teacher starts is starting to fade OR Some people hold a belief that the teachers role is starting to fade . . .
3. ... and answers tofor students to handle with.
4. Firstly, teachers can instruct and stretch students. . . *I don't know what you mean by stretch, this doesn't really make sense*
5. how to analyze and synthetize. . . *I'd just say "How to analyze information"* *Synthetize doesn't match this sentence*
4&5: Firstly, teacher can instruct and stretch ... -> Firstly, teachers can instruct students how to analyze information efficiently, and then give ...
6. critical thinking skills,
7. Besides, teachers create motivations ... -> Teachers also motivate students by recognizing their academic achievements.
8. ... values into our education system
9. ... for us to use a computer with the teacher's ... **This doesn't match your argument**
topswijaya 2 / 2  
..., particularly in education. ... the opinion that one day teachers will be obsolete in the classroom computer will make teachers virtually obsolete. However, I affirm totally disagree with that false ...

Home / Writing Feedback / Computers will replace teachers in the future?