CONDITIONING STYLES; Child conditioning

rivers785 1 / -  
Choose one of these conditioning / learning styles and discuss how it may be applied to child rearing and create a plan to help get a young child to clean his room.

Classical conditioning is defined in psychology as "a type of learning in which a neutral stimulus comes to bring about a response after it is paired with a stimulus that naturally brings about that response" (Feldman, 2010, p 163). Having to do with reactions and learning, the definition of classical conditioning can be abbreviated into the idea of involuntary behavior. The example of Pavlov's dog illustrates this principle, as the dog associates the sound of a bell with food, causing a reflective action of salivating even when the bell was not paired with food. Ivan Pavlov a Russian physiologist who never intended to do psychological research is best known for his intricate work with the drooling dog experiment that led to his further research in conditioning. For his experiment that demonstrated classical conditioning, Pavlov attached a tube on the dog's mouth to measure precisely salivation. Thus, Pavlov's experiment is a condition stimulus to a condition response.

From the moment people are born to the day they pass, they are currently learning new things day by day. A person often learns through some form of conditioning in life. Some people associate learning with school or other kinds of educational institutes, but people can also learn in different places and situations of life. Learning is sometimes the result of the consequences from inappropriate behavior. For this reason, parents teach their children respect, discipline, and good manners. Moreover, conditioning determines the effect on a child's personality, character, and competence. Conditioning children from a young age to follow good ethics can help them to be responsible and follow the right direction.

Parenting styles are as diverse as parents themselves. Parenting is one of the most challenging and difficult responsibilities a person can face. The functions that parents perform at home are followed by their children, and, at times, parents see their children acting in the same ways they do. Authoritative parents help their children learn to be responsible and to think of the consequences of their behavior. Raising the voice to a young kid for not been responsible or not following rules is not the proper way to discipline a child. Parents should never discipline their children when they are angry. Discipline needs to be combined with good manners, love, and affection. Parents must be responsible for their children's needs in supportive ways that will improve the child's performance. On the other hand, authoritarian parents are punitive and focus on gaining a child's obedience rather than responding to the demands of the child. Authoritarian parenting styles give little or no options to a child: whatever the parent says goes.

Although many parents believe that very small children are too young to understand, their early years are probably the most important time for parents to start them in the right direction. Once good patterns are established, they will be easy to maintain. Once bad patterns are established, they will be difficult to change. Parents should discuss their strategy for training and disciplining their children and agree to work together as a team. If children realize that one parent is strict and the other is lenient, they will play the parents against each other. When the strict parent stops them from doing something, they will go ask the lenient parent for permission. Both parents need to tell the child the same thing. If parents sometimes disagree on how to discipline the child, they should discuss it privately, not in front of the children. The best education for any young child is at home.

Every aspect of one's life has a distinct effect on his or her wellbeing. These aspects can possibly be emotional, environmental, physical, and social factors of life. Family is connected and a part of each aspect; hence, the family should never be excluded from one's life. Looking more into the influences of the smallest unit of society, there are many factors that contribute to the impact caused by the agent seeking attention. One of these factors, which affects individuals' personalities, is the way that their parents raised them. Parenting in the early years is an exciting but challenging time, it is never an easy task. Parenting refers to the aspects of raising a child. Aside from the biological relationship, parenting involves how a parent or a guardian rears a child, providing his needs, ensuring safety, disciplining, and showing love and affection. Parenting, in simple words, is guiding and supporting children, until they are old and capable enough to take care of themselves.
o5vx 3 / 4  
One thing that I noticed through out all your paragraphs is that they are not very consistent. Perhaps, looking at the style of writings that you want might help you accomplish a more polished work. Other than that, it looks great.
From the moment people are born to the day they pass, they are currently learning new things day by day.

From the moment people are born, they begin to learn things and this learning process continues till the day they die.

A person often learns through some form of conditioning in life. Some people associate learning with school or other kinds of educational institutes, but people can also learn in different places and situations of life. Learning is sometimes the result of the consequences from inappropriate behavior.

This learning can happen through the help of learning institutions, for example schools and other kinds of educational institutions and programs, or mere life experiences and life demands that they need to fulfill in order to survive.

Home / Writing Feedback / CONDITIONING STYLES; Child conditioning