Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

"Should condom machines be placed in high school bathrooms" essay needs editting

klmartin 1 / -  
For my critical reading and writing class I was required to write a 700-710 word essay on whether or not condom machines should be placed in high school bathrooms. I have done most of the editting myself but am finding that I'm stuck on the apostrophe and subject/verb agreement editting. If somebody could help me out that would be absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much, here is the essay :

Properly Protecting our Teens
The debate of whether or not condom machines should be placed in high school bathrooms is one that has been happening all over North America. There are some provinces and states that have installed the machines into bathrooms, and there are other locations that are strongly offended by the idea. While there are valid arguments to support both points of view, the true answer is obvious. Condom machines should absolutely be placed in high school bathrooms so that teens are properly equipped to have safe sex, to be used most effectively when paired with thorough sexual education courses, and to decrease the rates of unwanted teen pregnancy and teens contracting STI's or HIV.

It is proven that proper knowledge paired with proper equipment will lead to success. The availability of condoms needs to be paired with thorough sexual education courses so teenagers have all of the tools necessary to tackle life. There are many teens that are too embarrassed to ask where or how to get contraceptives. Making sexual education essential and placing condom machines in high school bathrooms will prepare teens to make proper decisions. This will also assist in stopping teens from spreading incorrect information. An abstinence-only program will only teach that sex is bad and something to be ashamed of. If those ideas are planted in teenagers minds they will be there forever. It is absolutely necessary to make a teen feel comfortable with his or her body and the sexual process in order to make the best decision him or her.

The teen years are years that are filled with tons of uncertainty, and the decisions teens make during these years will impact the rest of their lives. Teenagers need to be prepared to make adequate judgements in as many areas of life as possible. High school students are between the ages of 14 and 18. There is no denying that this is the age that they are beginning to become sexually active. Society's image of sex is changing. To presume that every teenager is remaining abstinent is ignorant. There are people who believe that providing condoms will encourage sex, but this could not be more wrong. The pressure to have sex is going to be there regardless. Peer pressure is part of the process of growing up. There are many teens who have no other way to gain access to contraceptives, so to place them in high school bathrooms will encourage the use of them. Making condoms more easily accessible to young adults will make the choices to use them that much simpler.

It is apparent by merely looking around, that the rate of unwanted teen pregnancy is on the rise. Another obvious fact is that STI's are being spread at a much more rapid rate than in the past. These are both issues that need to be addressed. Unwanted teen pregnancy has become so popular that there are television shows about it! That is definitely not right. There are entire schools devoted to expectant and young mothers, which is money being spent by the government that could very easily be spent somewhere else. With the rapid spreading of STI's and HIV, it is becoming increasingly dangerous to not wear condoms. Hospitals and clinics time and resources are being spent on teenage girls who are not prepared to be mothers. In times where we are short on hospital beds and doctors, everything possible must be done to clear as much space as possible in these places. It is very apparent that as teen pregnancy rates go up, so does the occurrence of young girls dropping out of high school. This is doing nothing but preparing our society for a grim future.

The times are changing. The old fashioned mind state that ignores teen's participation in sexual activity needs to be dismissed. Young adults need to be sufficiently equipped to make the best possible choices when faced with difficult situations. Teens need to be as educated as possible so that when equipped with condoms, the teens are absolutely ready. Finally, teen pregnancy rates and the spreading of STI's and HIV are getting out of control, and condoms being available in high school bathrooms is the first step in minimizing both of these issues.

Home / Writing Feedback / "Should condom machines be placed in high school bathrooms" essay needs editting