IELTS 2: CONSIDERING DISADVANTAGES OF TOURISM

eirehc 4 / 6  
TOPIC: TOURISM IS BECOMING INCREASINGLY IMPORTANT AS A SOURCE OF REVENUE TO MANY COUNTRIES BIT ITS DISADVANTAGES SHOULD NOT BE OVERLOOKED. TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE?

Tourism is one of the biggest industries worldwide. It has grown especially over the last few decades by leaps and bounds. This is happening because the global citizens takes even the slightest chances to visit uncharted territory. So, all countries are eager to invest more and more in tourism. It has its rich rewards, but there are drawbacks too. Hence, I strongly believe that disadvantages of tourism in ones country should not be neglected.

Developing places as a get away for tourists has been posing a problem in maintaining the beautiful sceneries of such place. Natural resources is being depleted in expense to building accommodations for the tourists. In my own country, people enjoy spending their vacations by the sea, especially if it is a white sand beach. Investors have learned that such kind of place attracts not only the locals but the foreigns as well, as a result, they start developing islands with white sand by cutting trees to pave way for establishments that will entertain visitors.

In addition, increasing rate of pollution is also a disadvantage of tourism. Service transportation and garbage wastes are being doubled as the place is being flocked by people all over the world. In my country, there was once a secluded place that was known for having an abundance of sea creatures, but because of the disturbances made by humans only few are now left.

Moreover, increasing cost of living is also a result of tourism. Local residents are the ones greatly affected by these changes. In my own country, places that has been developed as a tourist spot has increased prices for gasoline and other basic needs. Some of the locals are not happy about the increased cost of living, which they say, only adds burden their simple way of life.

In conclusion, while it is true that tourism is an important source of income to many countries, I strongly believe that it is of the same importance to consider the disadvantages when planning to develop such place for tourism.
Tourism is one of the biggest industries worldwide

Tourism is one of the major industries that help boost economies across the world

So, all countries are eager to invest more and more in tourism. It has its rich rewards, but there are drawbacks too. Hence, I strongly believe that disadvantages of tourism in ones country should not be neglected.

Well, you have to give more prominence to the core of the issue which is that should disadvantages be overlooked or not. It is not given so much prominence here. Try to stay with your prompt always.
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
Developing places as a getaway for tourists

Natural resources isare being depleted in expense to building accommodations for the tourists.

Investors have learned that such kind of place attracts not only the locals but the foreignspeople as well. A s a result, they start developing islands with white sand by cutting trees to pave way for establishments that will entertain visitors.

In addition, the increasing rate of pollution is also a disadvantage of tourism.

In my country, there was once a secluded place that was known for having an abundance of sea creaturesaquatic species( more appropriate)

In my own country, places that hashave been developed as a tourist spot hashave increased prices for gasoline and other basic needs.

Some of the locals are not happy about the increased cost of living, which they say, only adds burden to their simple way of life.

Good luck :)
digitalidea 10 / 11 8  
Tourism is one of the biggest industries worldwide. ..

This paragraph is too long, and you need to simply introduce the question and expand your ideas in the next paragraph.
fikri 5 / 317 71  

it seems an introduction, not a conclusion
SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE?

Hence, I strongly believe that disadvantages of tourism in ones country should not be neglected.

I strongly believe that it is of the same importance to consider the disadvantages when planning to develop such place for tourism.

While the prompt requires us to state our agreement, better if you add in your essay "agree or disagree"

Natural resources isare

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 2: CONSIDERING DISADVANTAGES OF TOURISM