[IELTS] 'considering their situations and motives' - fixed crime punishment or not?

pratikdbl 2 / 4  
Topic:
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishment for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime and the motivation for committing it should always be taken into account when deciding the punishment.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Essay:
Many people commit crime which may be intentional or sometimes accidental. There are criminals who do it for fun or even for money. Without caring for underlying reason, some people think a fixed penalty for a similar kind of crime is just. Although they have their own advantages, I support other group of people who believe punishment should be decided according to individual crime.

The primary reason to support the notion of fixed punishment is simplicity in judgment. For a deliberate crime this will help make a prompt decision. Additionally, every person knows in advance, the punishment for various crimes and may prevent their occurrences. Another basis favoring this belief can be observed from the perspective of a victim. Whether crime was intentional or not, victim suffers in a similar way. As an illustration, a man loses his legs in a car accident and will endure for his whole life no matter it was accidental, on purpose or due to carelessness of driver.

However, many people also have their own reasons to argue that felony should be studied carefully before fixing the punishment. This way of deciding is considered more humane. There are many crimes which may be unintentional. Example may be the crimes committed to protect an innocent from a peril of an attacker. Another crime may be of a thief who stole once from a store for his mother who is ill. It would not be fair to give him the punishment same as that of a professional thief.

In conclusion, I believe crimes which appear same may not be so if they are studied individually, considering their situations and motives. However, the proof for supporting them should be genuine. So to confirm this careful examination is needed which, unlike notion of fixed punishment, may be slow and complex. The crime done for well being or an accidental crime should always be separated from the crime deliberately committed and should be punished in a different manner.
Many people commit crimes which may be either with intentional or sometimes by accidental .

There are criminals who do it for funmoney or even for moneyfun .

------- change the order because commiting crime for money is very common and therefore it should get precedence over fun.

Without caringgiving due consideration to thefor underlying reason, some people think a fixed penalty for a similar kindtype of crimes is justifiable . Although theyfixed punishments too have their own advantages, I support other group of people who believe that punishment should be decided according to individual crime.

Your introduction satisfies the required features of this type of essay. It's a good intro :)
OP pratikdbl 2 / 4  
Thanks dumi for correction. And what about other part of my essay?
The primary reason to support the notion of fixed punishment is to simpligy thesimplicity in judgment. For a deliberate crime that is committed deliberately this will help make a prompt decision. Additionally, such punishments send out a message to everybodyperson knows in advance, that thehow they would be punishedpunishment for various crimes and it may prevent their occurrences.
welnorze 8 / 15  
I think if you could add some practical examples to prove your opinion, that would be better.

Best

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS] 'considering their situations and motives' - fixed crime punishment or not?