A constant topic among political discussions is the extent of Gvt Responsibility

kendra 4 / 2  
A constant topic among political discussions is the extent of government responsibility, where the public responsibility ends and the State's begins. I firmly believe the control leis with the people. The population withholds the power to decide the society's destiny.

A clear example of this happened in the 1950s with the Montgomery Bus Boycott. This mutiny, lead by Martin Luther King Jr., became a mark in history. The force of the movement caused laws to change and behaviors to alter. It is a profound example of how society can create itself.

Although the population elects representatives to do this job for them, these public servants need continual monitoring. As the British historian, Lord Acton, once said: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely". Therefore, they need steady surveillance. The error begins when shaded trust is formed.

Individuals often complain about the lack of political attention an issue receives. However, the crucial need of individual initiation is forgotten. If the public blindly believed in a self-sufficient government we would fall into a bottomless hole of corruption and inert changes.

The hand of a demanding population must drive politics. In numerous regions this power sits lifelessly in the laps of the people. It is a mistake to neglect the decisions of ones nation. We need to grasp this control in hopes of ameliorating our daily lives and those of our children.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You have written an interesting essay! I have just a few editing suggestions to offer:

Change the comma to a colon in this sentence:

"A constant topic among political discussions is the extent of government responsibility: where the public responsibility ends and the State's begins."

"I firmly believe the control lies with the people." - "leis" was probably a typo.

"The population withholds the power to decide the society's destiny." - Are you sure you mean "withholds" as in, keeps back, rather than "holds"?

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely." - in American English, put commas and periods inside the quotation mark.

"one's nation" - make it possessive

Good job!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Writing Feedback / A constant topic among political discussions is the extent of Gvt Responsibility