IELTS TASK 1: The Consumer Dollar : Where it goes. (Pie Chart)

koei1982 4 / 11  
Thanks to all of the feedback.

The pie chart gives information about Americans' spending pattern in 11 broad categories.

It is obvious that food, drink & tobacco portioned the biggest amount of typical American expenditure, 23 cents per dollar. Dwellings and daily household expenses, each item accounted for 15%, transport and medical care made up 13% and 9% respectively. It is clear the mass of money been put in elements which are the most essential for an individual lives in modern society, total of these comprised a staggering weighting of one's earning, 3 quarters per dollar.

Personal welfare pursuing, clothes and jewelry as well as private business and foreign travel constitute 16% of total expenditure while only 2 % was invested on one's educational development. Religion, charity and personal care made up the remaining 3%.

It is assumed that the rising of living standard cause the personal well-being portioned certain ratio of an individual's total expenditure. Overall the given information does not depict any abnormal consuming behaviors.

yahiawestlife - / 1  
Good job ! I am not good in writing English, but I have a small comment. You have described some proportions and rates with each others (for example Personal welfare pursuing, clothes and jewelry as well as private business and foreign travel constitute 16% of total expenditure while only 2 % was invested on one's educational development. Religion, charity and personal care made up the remaining 3%) and you didn't write what is the conclusion of these rates. For example, you can say that "Personal welfare pursing become less important with respect to Food and Housing).

Thanks
Yahia

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 1: The Consumer Dollar : Where it goes. (Pie Chart)