Consumer items have become most important part of people's life.

jaseem5201030 1 / -  

consumer goods effect on people

Markets and departmental stores are inundated with products ranging from food to household items necessary for everyday life. These articles plays a pivotal role in modern day life as it makes the life of an individual easier. It is believed that benefits of these items are far more than their demerits.

Firstly, in order to keep up with the fast pace of modern day life, one has to make his daily routine life simple and easy. Nowadays, the idea behind all the items in departmental stores and supermarkets is to sell the product in a ready-made fashion. This will save the time of the consumer and he will not make an extra effort in daily routine tasks. For example, in the modern-day world one can easily get all kinds of prepared sauces, readymade washing powders and floor cleaners and quite surprisingly cooked frozen foods are also available in all markets. The importance of these disposable products can be determined by the sheer fact about their supply and demand.

Secondly, these goods offer quality at cheap prices. Customers weigh the efficiency and quality at a reasonable price against the amount of time one needs to prepare the same quality product. People want to spend maximum and quality time with family and friends, and this is only possible if their time is not squandered in preparing items that are readily available in markets at affordable prices. For instance, it is commonly seen that refrigerators in the houses of even a middle-class family are flooded with readymade juices and sandwiches. Readymade tissue rolls, bedsheets and pillow covers come as no surprise. These modern-day usable items have allowed the family and friends to spend maximum time together.

Certain side effects and disadvantages do come along with these easy and ready to use items but they are not alarming or overwhelming. These demerits do not shadow the vast spectrum of benefits these products offer.

In conclusion, the idea behind manufacturing consumer goods which is quality at an affordable price is invincible. This is the reason more and more people are purchasing simple and easy to use products. Apart from the fact, that these goods have made people lives trouble free, they are shifting the balance from independence and self-reliance towards dependency and sluggishness.
JASEEM, what is the prompt that you are responding to with this prompt? I am unable to accurately review your essay because you did not provide the original prompt with your post. That prompt will be the basis of my review of your work. Kindly remember to post the prompt with your next essay. For this essay, I will just give you a general review of the obvious problems in the essay.

The first problem of this essay is that it seems to not provide an accurate prompt restatement. I am not very clear about what the discussion topic is, the reason that I have to care about this discussion, and what the discussion method is going to be. It is not an effective prompt paraphrase. It can be more informative for the reader. It's too bad that I don't have access to the actual prompt so I can help you redirect the content. Oh well... maybe next time.

Your third paragraph is over the maximum sentence requirement by one sentence. Your fourth paragraph is under the required sentence count of 5 sentences. You must always balance the discussion by presenting a uniform number of sentences per paragraph in order to gain the utmost scoring consideration for your essay. Your concluding paragraph is a continuation of the discussion which means it is not a conclusion but rather, a new discussion. A proper concluding paragraph must simply summarize the preceding discussion in order to be effective.

The work you provided in this essay shows that you only need to be properly guided in the formatting and content of your essay. You have the potential to pass this test but you need to know how to properly respond to the essay prompts through the proper formatting of the paragraphs. I'll reserve the more detailed information for when you post another essay for review. This time, hopefully, you will provide the full original prompt to aid in the review of your work.

Home / Writing Feedback / Consumer items have become most important part of people's life.